Sky tv

Tartanlass

My dish fell off the house last monday night so rang sky to update them still told 10th Jan for getting engineer then got phone call today to say the team are here all next week so when would i like one to call so thats good but was shocked after being told no more engineer visits till january but wont complain as means tv over xmas unless it gets blown down again by next lot of storms.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We upgraded from plain old sky to sky HD plus, Just the other week. Its great.....except for the fact that we have lost the link to the bedroom (just a cable, no extra box or multiroom) :cry: The other half says he has tried everything he can think off! the TV in the bedroom is just a wee portable .......anyone have any suggestions ??....and No I dont want to sign up for multi room

We upgraded from plain old sky to sky HD plus, Just the other week. Its great.....except for the fact that we have lost the link to the bedroom (just a cable, no extra box or multiroom) :cry: The other half says he has tried everything he can think off! the TV in the bedroom is just a wee portable .......anyone have any suggestions ??....and No I dont want to sign up for multi room

You have to go into the setup and switch on the power to the mouse that is connected to the tv. cant mind offhand exactly how the hell I managed it. but it was a bit of trial and error, except there are 2 areal jacks at the back of the box and you need to be connected to the one that has a 9 volt output

For a SKY HD Box

Press

SERVICES 0 0 1 SELECT

to enter the Hidden Installers Menu

Under the SETTINGS Menu

(that is then launched at the top of the screen)

Scroll the Middle Screen Options to RF OUTLETS

It is here that you select the

RF CHANNEL NUMBER

and

RF OUTLET POWER SUPPLY ON or OFF

Your Sky Magic Eye must be connected to the 9Volt outlet on the back of the Sky Box, and needs to be connected correctly at the other end. Most Magic Eyes have a Power Light on them which will indicate they are working.

If this is a new box, you may have to switch the RF OUTLET to ON

AND retune your TV to see the picture from the Sat Box.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

We've been losing more & more channels off our Sky+HD box with a "no signal being received 28" message on them all. More lost every day! Called Sky 6 times about it. First two times, both the planks I talked to assured me they would arrange an engineer but as it turns out, neither even made notes of my calls!! Eventually I have been told the soonest they can attend us the 24th of January. Aaaarrrggh!

It's definitely the box as we payed Springbank to check and they just checked the dish alignment for 60 seconds or so and said its fine.

Sky really do have you over a barrel up here. If BT Vision wasn't so rubbish, I'd move to them instead!