Alabama 3 @ The North Star

Alan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do do Acid Country House stuff (see "Power in the Blood" and the much better "Exile on Coldharbour Lane") but for this tour they are playing unplugged (see "Last Train to Marshville").

21st Shetland

22nd Aberdeen

23rd Loopallu Festival in Inverness www.loopallu.co.uk

24th Glasgow King Tuts

They are a healthy slice of spiritual healing - Hopefully some madness will ensue :D

Andy 8O

Loopulla is actually in Ullapool (see what they did with the name, my festival is going to be called "Dnaltehs") on the west coast.

I just got back from Electric Picnic in Ireland where they played a very strange and inconsistent set. There were lots of them on the stage and a few of the upbeat rollicking country-but-with-a-beat songs came together and were quite fun (complete with showgirls). However, it didn't seem well planned and despite the big ensemble a few of the songs were just the guy talking over a backing tape with musicians just standing there - hardly main stage entertainment. I imagine just three of them playing acoustic will be a very different affair.

• 2 weeks later...
Just hears that Hey Negrita have cancelled. Are the Alabama 3 still coming?

Yeah, they're still playing, we (Bitumen River) got a call tonight asking if we could do the support slot. We're performing a 30 minute acoustic set, just a cut down version of the one we did at the Folk and Blues festivals.

We're supposed to be on at 9 so hopefully there'll be a few folk in.

Andy, bet you're glad your not coming now, seein as wir playin! :wink:

Excellant night.

A few dancers and alot of singing from the crowd.

Pretty amazing when you think it was only an acoustic guitar, harmonica, and two singers.

Why they need all the electronics when they can do a gig like last night is beyond me. Stripped down urban blues with a little spice of country to liven things up.

Good crowd after some of the disappointing gigs earlier on in the year.

Superb!

Great gig, fantastic musicians, great entertainers, great accents :wink: , great crowd, still canna quite believe that they were here. Look forward to them coming back next year if it comes off as planned.

(Was that James Nicolson that did the Johnny Cash impersonation? He should do more with that, it was impressive!)