Funfair event in Shetland

jensen codona

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask have you contacted the council to ask them? 01595 693535 for central switch board. Then have you costed out the ferries, you may have noticed although the map may have us in aberdeen harbour we're 12hrs away.

Would love to see some carnivals up here, still getting stick for forgetting the Links Market this year, but bear in mind also the weather in october is getting a wee bit rough for folk who aren't used to it and this can even sometimes put off even the most hardy shetlander.

Previous times the funfair has been here it has set up in the former pipe yard across from the power station at gremista or before that on the pier at holmsgarth. Both those areas are not quite so suitable any more because of subsequent business usage, not sure where an alternative might be, though gremista is still possible perhaps.

Fairground rides would be fine I'm sure, but I think its a quite telling point that any company who've brought them up before never hurried to come back again.

Has there been anyone up with one since the one in the late 80's that was sited on what was then waste ground opposite Station Garage, between what was the fish factory at the then P&O gate and W&C Bain's (Da Coop noo). That one was late autumn if I remember right, and grotty weather too, I seem to recall going bye late one afternoon in half a gale and heavy showers and it was so overcast a lot of lights were on.

Has there been anyone up with one since the one in the late 80's

I take it you were asleep during the 90's ghostrider?? ;)

don't you remember the ones at the clikimin?

the pipe yard was used after that because of the trouble caused by them mind....

MF

Why do visions of Funland and Craggy Island keep popping into my head....

Funland!

The Tunnel of Goats

Freak Pointing

The Ladder

The Whirly-go-round

The Spinning Cat

Duck Startling

Tarot Reading

The Chair of Death

The O'Learys sweet stand

The Pond of Terror

Goading Fierce Man

Hen Chariots

AND

THE SPIDER BABY!

There is a child lodged in the tunnel of goats, could we have a nurse to help remove the child from the tunnel of goats.

We require a nurse to help us... there is a child lodged in the tunnel of goats... um, now it appears there is a goat stuck ALONG with the child in the tunnel of goats...

We now need a second nurse to assist as the first one we requested is lodged along with the child and goat in the tunnel of goats. Thank you

I agree....tall ships would be the best time for custom "BUT" then again there will be that much goin on that will anyone want to be at a fun fair??

Teenagers in shetland dont really have much in the way of entertainment, maybe a fun fair a few times of the year would be better for them?

At the end of the day, all you can do is try?!

Just make sure its advertised properly and that its for all the family :D

I agree....tall ships would be the best time for custom "BUT" then again there will be that much goin on that will anyone want to be at a fun fair??

Teenagers in shetland dont really have much in the way of entertainment, maybe a fun fair a few times of the year would be better for them?

At the end of the day, all you can do is try?!

Just make sure its advertised properly and that its for all the family :D

hi it will be a funfair for all the family but the time i was wanting to come other members have said the weather could be bad so i need to locate a hard standing site ie car park,or is the other sites that was last used still free of buildings. & i am intrested in coming to the tall ships thank you for the info & feed back regards all jensen codona