Paranormal Shetland

DarkstarIII

HAHAHAHAHAHA! How interesting thanks for that and i believe that to be true in some cases but did I mention that this camera is a PENTAX waterproof camera?????? ahh right soz...

A waterproof camera might stop water getting into the camera, but I would say that water droplets can still rest on the outside of the lens.

A bunch o psynics... wonderful... and I cant spell even more wonderful.. but hey bottom line... my experience.. och next topic... ughhh! lmao

:twisted:

Lets just leave it that I cant prove it and you cant disprove it... even stevens... k

:wink:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8O Ummmmm what were you saying about an open mind... and why were you in such a rush to disapprove it..????? :twisted: can you explain to me then .... in your infinite wisdom... why a knife... would fly off my work top in the kitchen on its own late at night??? I was on the laptop in front of it...

Have you read.... although I do however find it interesting that you only show one site that can say that orbs are nothing to do with paranormal phenomena... I am not some silly little girl that wants to spook herself with ghost stories.. :P

Might you read this????? more of a scientific approach...

http://www.leyman.demon.co.uk/

Dark spirals was something I had in my flat, David Cowan stayed a few doors down from me.... and came to my flat to help me and investigate the phenomena..

8O Ummmmm what were you saying about an open mind... and why were you in such a rush to disapprove it..????? :twisted: can you explain to me then .... in your infinite wisdom... why a knife... would fly off my work top in the kitchen on its own late at night??? I was on the laptop in front of it...

Well actually I was only talking about the orbs. The rest of it I simply don't have the time to explore at the moment. Will have to take you word that these things happened; no idea why. Must be poltergesits - it's the only explanation.

Have you read.... although I do however find it interesting that you only show one site

I showed two sites, but there are hundreds more. The two I sent you both clearly demonstrate how to replicate the phenomina and, studying your photos closely, the results are exactly the same. More sources would only say the same things and you'd find these very easily if you had an open mind and searched for them yourself. Instead you've found a few links which supply 'evidence' such as:

2. If orbs were caused by dust particles floating about a room, the photo should be nearly white with the reflection coming off of all the dust particles. So why are there only one, or a few, orbs in some photos?

That's it? That's the sum total of their refutation of the dust theory? Well, knock me sideways - it must be paranormal then. Because, of course, who ever heard of a single dust particle or droplet of water before?

I've had a look and, honestly, I'm yet to find anythign 'scientific'; it seems to be postualations and 'if this is true, then... ', but without ever demonstrating that the initial condition can be met.

He never provides any sources, just makes a load of claims which you must accept at face value. It's simply not good science. If he does have this information then it's not hard to provide links and references which back up his claims. Unfortunately I don't have time to investigate and refute each and every unsupported statement that he makes; he makes hundreds per page.

His style is not scientific. Crude diagrams and scientific sounding words are not all that's required.

For example, he assumes that leylines actually exist - no evidence or proof anywhere given except on another page to say that 'There are no scientific instruments yet available which can easily detect Earth Energies'... so we rely on the ideomotor effect (references in link) instead? Reliable stuff already. In order to accept his statements on this page, you must first accept a whole raft of other statements which, equally, he fails to reference or justify.

Sorry, DS3, but much of what I've seen on this site is pretty flimsy 'science'. Diagrams and scientific words are not the basis of the scientific priciple. This guy doesn't adhere to any kind of scientific rigour that I can see.

Some of what he says is logical enough - computer screens do emit various electromagnetic waves and eating fruit and vegetables is a good idea. Maybe his overall message is correct and he's discovered some very interesting effects but, please don't hold this up as an example of a 'scientific approach'. It simply isn't.

Well actually I was only talking about the orbs. The rest of it I simply don't have the time to explore at the moment. Will have to take you word that these things happened; no idea why. Must be poltergesits - it's the only explanation.

Have you read.... although I do however find it interesting that you only show one site

I showed two sites, but there are hundreds more. The two I sent you both clearly demonstrate how to replicate the phenomina and, studying your photos closely, the results are exactly the same. More sources would only say the same things and you'd find these very easily if you had an open mind and searched for them yourself. Instead you've found a few links which supply 'evidence' such as:

2. If orbs were caused by dust particles floating about a room, the photo should be nearly white with the reflection coming off of all the dust particles. So why are there only one, or a few, orbs in some photos?

That's it? That's the sum total of their refutation of the dust theory? Well, knock me sideways - it must be paranormal then. Because, of course, who ever heard of a single dust particle or droplet of water before?

I've had a look and, honestly, I'm yet to find anythign 'scientific'; it seems to be postualations and 'if this is true, then... ', but without ever demonstrating that the initial condition can be met.

He never provides any sources, just makes a load of claims which you must accept at face value. It's simply not good science. If he does have this information then it's not hard to provide links and references which back up his claims. Unfortunately I don't have time to investigate and refute each and every unsupported statement that he makes; he makes hundreds per page.

His style is not scientific. Crude diagrams and scientific sounding words are not all that's required.

For example, he assumes that leylines actually exist - no evidence or proof anywhere given except on another page to say that 'There are no scientific instruments yet available which can easily detect Earth Energies'... so we rely on the ideomotor effect (references in link) instead? Reliable stuff already. In order to accept his statements on this page, you must first accept a whole raft of other statements which, equally, he fails to reference or justify.

Sorry, DS3, but much of what I've seen on this site is pretty flimsy 'science'. Diagrams and scientific words are not the basis of the scientific priciple. This guy doesn't adhere to any kind of scientific rigour that I can see.

Some of what he says is logical enough - computer screens do emit various electromagnetic waves and eating fruit and vegetables is a good idea. Maybe his overall message is correct and he's discovered some very interesting effects but, please don't hold this up as an example of a 'scientific approach'. It simply isn't.

LMAO... Ok whatever.... you as I said are entitled to your opinion and I respect it... Stop saying sorry to me... you are no more correct than I... I am not justifying anything... nor do I wish to ... But thanks for your input...

:P :D :D :D

LMAO... Ok whatever.... you as I said are entitled to your opinion and I respect it... Stop saying sorry to me... you are no more correct than I... I am not justifying anything... nor do I wish to ... But thanks for your input...

That's the best you've got? Woeful.

That's the best you've got? Woeful.

psml... I have nothing else to say on this subject... I really and this is said with all due respect I really am not put up nor doon as to whether you believe in ghosts, orbs, santaf*kin claus or the tooth fairy...

I find it really bizarre how you have this NEED to research the internet just to get one over on someone or prove them wrong ... and you know what Fool or Fjool or whatever your name is... THAT is WOEFUL...

END OF THREAD

ghosts, orbs, santaf*kin claus or the tooth fairy...

Glad you lumped those things together yourself. Now we're on the same page.

I find it really bizarre how you have this NEED to research the internet just to get one over on someone or prove them wrong ...

All I've done is looked for evidence to support my position. It's quite easy because there's lots to back it up. Your style of debate, however, appears to revolve around laughing a lot and using strings of emoticons.

Research is how we learn things - any 'student' (as you claim to be) should know that. You have no right to call yourself open-minded until you learn to look at the evidence.

END OF THREAD

Nu-uh. :P

I find it really bizarre how you have this NEED to research the internet just to get one over on someone or prove them wrong ...

All I've done is looked for evidence to support my position. It's quite easy because there's lots to back it up. Your style of debate, however, appears to revolve around laughing a lot and using strings of emoticons.

Research is how we learn things - any 'student' (as you claim to be) should know that. You have no right to call yourself open-minded until you learn to look at the evidence.

END OF THREAD

Please tell me that you are female cause you really got this bitchy thing going on... LMAO...

Look mate I am not going to fall out with ya over the goddam tooth fairy... ok... yeah I research .. not as much as I should have done recently since I have just got out of hospital and we are in the middle of moving up there.. I would love to have the time to read...

Fairy nuff! lmao

:P

END OF THREAD

lol.....

As far as I can see Darkstar III 's evidence is based on personal experience. Fjool, are you saying she's not telling the truth ? :lol: :lol:

Please tell me that you are female cause you really got this bitchy thing going on... LMAO...

:lol:

Oh, I'm not bitching. Not at all. It's all good fun for me to debate with people. It's just a disappointment when such promising partners take it personally and get upset rather than defend their position properly. I can't help feeling that if you had the courage of your convictions that you'd do a much better job of putting me in my place.

I promise you, none of this bothers me. The mistake I made was thinking that you were genuinely interested in the subject and would be able to argue your claims with some facts and evidence. I love a debate me. It's how a subject grows.

For the record, I have nothing what-so-ever against what you believe. I'm not trying to convert you; this all sprang from a single phenomena that I attempted to demonstrate wasn't paranormal. Whether you want to accept the evidence I've provided or not is your own choice.