Firefox 2

Ally

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just upgraded and ... arrrggg .. they've ruined the fekin tabs! What with the scrolling along to find your tab or the dropdown bit at the side!! Thats worse as what Internet Explorer does on your taskbar :x

Why not have it bunched up like Opera or what it used to do!! I've trained me brain to know exactly where a tab is even if you can't see whats written on it and I don't need to scroll!!

Grr :x :x Trying to find a way to alter this now!!! :x

Why not have it bunched up like Opera or what it used to do!!

Like how? Looking at mine, it bunches up to quite degree (say 10 or so tabs) and then starts scrolling... but this is how it used to be before too. Maybe I'm missing your point.

The biggest difference I've noticed is that each tab now has a close button, but I know this can be changed back to the old behaviour

Grr :x :x Trying to find a way to alter this now!!! :x

Quite a few of these things are customisable in FF, it's just that the setting is hidden in the about:config screen.

Try entering 'about:config' into the address bar and setting your tabMinWidth (search at the top) property a bit smaller perhaps. Not sure if that solves your problem but worth a try.

This resource documents all the available settings:

http://preferential.mozdev.org/preferences.html

Yep - I'm aware of about:config.

What it used to do was just bunch up ad infinitum and not scroll .. like it does in Opera. I don't like that it scrolls over the side as I have multiple tabs open at one time and jump between them very regularly - the dropdown is just an added nightmare when before I knew the exact position of a tab (even if I couldn't see the name) and could click on it.

Heya Pooks.

Yep .. I've just gone and downgraded anyhow. I had extensions too that weren't compatible with 2.0 and are essential to me ... oh well! Just have to wait until the developers upgrade them. :?

I altered several configurations but couldn't get the old stylee look and functionality of the tabs completely - then when I clocked some of my extensions weren't working .... *humpph* I thought!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it, it seems like a piss take, i mean:

"The introduction of the Cut Away Effectâ„¢ randomly disables the rendering of 9/10 of Microsoft Firefox" - Eh?

"Web searches using your favorite Microsoft search provider can now be entered into a search box within the toolbar." - I just use "g " or "y " in the address bar for google / yahoo searched respectively. Note: No "m ".

"Tabbed browsing." - Explain to me why this is surprising!

Disables nearly all pre-installed non-Microsoft software to prevent potentially vulnerable controls from being exposed to attack. - correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the majority of attacks tailored to act on MS controls?

Enhances awareness of website security and privacy settings by displaying colour-coded notifications next to the address bar. - you are now at DefCon Red! be afraid, be very afraid.

Blocks the site and shuts down your computer if necessary. - Ok, RIGHT. I'll stop there!

I don't get it, it seems like a piss take, i mean:

"The introduction of the Cut Away Effectâ„¢ randomly disables the rendering of 9/10 of Microsoft Firefox" - Eh?

"Web searches using your favorite Microsoft search provider can now be entered into a search box within the toolbar." - I just use "g " or "y " in the address bar for google / yahoo searched respectively. Note: No "m ".

"Tabbed browsing." - Explain to me why this is surprising!

Disables nearly all pre-installed non-Microsoft software to prevent potentially vulnerable controls from being exposed to attack. - correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the majority of attacks tailored to act on MS controls?

Enhances awareness of website security and privacy settings by displaying colour-coded notifications next to the address bar. - you are now at DefCon Red! be afraid, be very afraid.

Blocks the site and shuts down your computer if necessary. - Ok, RIGHT. I'll stop there!

I thought it was plainly obvious it was a pisstake...

• 3 months later...