TV theme tunes

Stan

There has been three thoughts going through my head recently with regard to TV theme tunes for no reason other than to keep myself amused.

1. TV programmes that had a completely different opening titles tune to the end credits tune. So far I have managed:

Only Fools and Horses

Citizen Smith

Porridge (kind of - no tune at the beginning, more like noises)

Crown Court (just been reliving this on Sky 885!! Superb stuff - memories of home at lunchtime from school)

Till Death Us Do Part (I think)

I'm sure there's more but is there more than I think there is?

2. Tv theme tunes that sound like other tunes:

The High Chaparral theme and the sixties hit 'Telstar' are pretty similar.

Match of the Day is surely just a slightly different arrangement of Football Crazy by Robin Hall and Jimmy MacGregor.

Yes Minister theme sounds a lot like To The Manor Born theme. Probably the same composer or orchestra?

3. TV Theme tunes that you never tire of - my favourites (in no particular order):

White Horses

The Prisoner

Joe 90

The Avengers

Stingray

The Banana Splits

Perhaps I need to be thinking of other things!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well did you know that if you get a song stuck in your head playing over and over then the cure for it is to sing/or hum (I forget) the original neighbours tune in your hear then you will forget the tune that was stuck in your head and the neighbours tune wont stick in your head!

The Racoons had a different music over the Titles and End Credits. The title was the voiceover "This is the Evergreen Forest...quiet...peaceful...serene...that is until Bert Racoon wakes up!"

I can't remember what exactly the end credits were...they might have been "Run with Us", but I think that was generally used in the actual episode itself.

Didn't Baywatch have something similar...the title music being the "I'm always ready, I won't let you out of my sight..." song and the end credits being something completely different?

• 2 months later...
Well did you know that if you get a song stuck in your head playing over and over then the cure for it is to sing/or hum (I forget) the original neighbours tune in your hear then you will forget the tune that was stuck in your head and the neighbours tune wont stick in your head!

But how can you hum it if it hasn't stuck in your head? :)

Fireball XL5! You can't beat it for inane and stupid lyrics with a glorious feelgood '60's soundtrack! :D :D :D

Altogether now, "I wish I was a spa-aceman, the fastest man alive! I'd zoom around the universe, in Fireball XL5..."

Takes a genius to come up with that, u'know! :wink:

Hong Kong Phooey!

I've included the words so you can sing along

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p3IyGgyKC0

Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy

Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye

He's got style, a groovy style, and a car that just won't stop

When the going gets rough, he's really tough, with a Hong Kong Phooey chop (Hi-Ya!)

Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy

Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye

(insert 'chong chicka chong' style scat section here)

Hong Kong Phooey, fan-riffic!