Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

Then An un-named Delting Representative started in a rant that they would never play for Delting again if they played for unst!

So it doesn't look like they'll play for Unst this year.

?? :o :o ??

Didn't realise there was any bad blood between Delting and Unst!!

Seriously though, i think that people have a pre-concieved idea that Delting have a massive squad of players when in reality they are like many other teams in that they too sometimes struggle to get 11 players on the pitch at times - it's not long ago that their manager was pulling on his boots to make up the 11th man!

So it's probably no surprise that a few Delts will feel that there's a bit of "poaching" going on. It's a pity because it would be a good chance for the two boys to get a bit of valuable experience and playing for a "physical" team like Unst they would get that protection that they might need at such tender ages :wink:

Poaching???? after Flawsgate? Kettle, black calling etc!

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a pity that the un-named Delting rep feels that way as if you cast your mind back 20 years Delting gladly accepted the help of a couple of young Unst players when they were starting to mix it with the big boys in Shetlands top league!

These two young Unst boys went on to become Unst legends :D

In fact one of them was even a Delting player of the year winner!!!

So there was the benefit to both teams - common sense maybe will prevail?

Almost perfect reading of the situation bogle except for one small flaw in truth one of these young boys went on to be an Unst legend and the other was Delting player of the year.

If you say so, i'm sure others would disagree!

Did Unst have a team worth playing for, back in the late 80s when those two Unst players signed for Delting? Slightly different situation here I think.

Just a bit of fun, but there are similarities i.e. boys wanting to play at higher level but limited or no opportunities where their at who would go and play for someone else but with the intent of coming back to their home team when needed.

In any case didn't nutsfa say that the boys had signed for Unst? If thats the case then it looks like the Delting Representative (whoever he is) may be able to exercise his obvious god-given right to ban them.

Is first team football guaranteed at Unst? Nothing in football is certain so it would be a shame for those involved to travel to Unst to find themselves in the same position as they would in Brae......warming a bench.

Better view from the Baltasound bench.

Might be hammered for this but I would question the benefit of a under 18's player leaving Delting. I'm not sure who the individual/individuals are and let's not name them on here cause that can be quite unfair :wink: but staying put might be the best long term option.

Is first team football guaranteed at Unst? Nothing in football is certain so it would be a shame for those involved to travel to Unst to find themselves in the same position as they would in Brae......warming a bench.

I assume they will still be playing for the Delting Under 18's though? Travelling to Unst maybe risky but i'm sure they wouldn't be going unless the boys and the Unst management believe they are good enough for the first team? Even if Delting's squad may not be as large as most ppl believe, it'll b easier to force ones way into the Unst starting XI with all due respect :)

Yes, the boys had signed for Unst. Ever heard anything like this before flawsy?! :) :lol:

Although, this time, the boys are in a slightly different situation. They both want to play for Delting, but at a later date. I think it would be beter for all parties concerned if the pair played a season at Unst. Even the players realised this but they obviously won't do if it means they won't play for delting again. Afterall that is their home team in whom they have played for all their lives.

The boys certainly still will be playing for DELTING U 18's.

I wouldn't be 100% sure both players will play every week, however, I would be certain they will get many more games for Unst than they would Delting.

Common Sense is surely the order of the day here.

guess who's back, bax again guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back,..

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages Baxter has returned after a prolonged absence.

What's the main talking points? Deltin lads playin for unst hmm...

Baxter has been left undecided and for once will refrain from making a childish remark about the stupid and ignorant delting representatives. :lol: :wink:

Wher's V&J, I miss him...

To be continued.... sometime....

they better get a move on we da highland fuels, the league starts in 3 weeks. :!:

Is there a b league this year????

highland fuels was apparently drawn last night

think its this but not 100% sure:

Prelim Round: Delting V Yell and Burra V Celtic

Qtr Final: Spurs V Delting/Yell, Burra/Celtic V Whitdale, Thistle V Ness, Whalsay V Scalloway

Semi Final: Spurs/Delting/Yell V Whalsay/Scalloway and

Thistle/Ness V Burra/Celtic/Whitdale.

I beleive Unst were not bothering with the Highland Fuels as the season is probably long enough already for a small squad like Unst. Injuries before the season kicks off is the last thing they need.

If the players who were hoped to sign for Unst had done so they may have been able to but it looks as though the so called bigger clubs have not supplied Unst or Yell with additional players as hoped at the AGM.

This does not surprise me in the slightest as many things said at the meetings by some reps were "questionable".

Could be a long season for Unst and Yell.

By the way, N.Rovers would not have cured the problem either!!!