Dogs Against Drugs

Guest Anonymous

Rasmie old man,

I am sure you mean it in jest and I take it as such. Howevere, my brave fellow, rest assured I hound no-one as it is not for me to pronounce their guilt. I merely "gather the facts" as another fictional detective used to say (Jack Webb, probably before your time) and put them to the PF. To do otherwise is to cross the line between professional and personal. It can be a tad difficult to maintain, however has to be done where possible. That way we cannot be accused of harassing or persecuting some poor innocent wayward soul and I can sleep easy. :wink:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pshaw! You young rapscallions! Rest your concerns, the strongest thing it is likely to be is finest Barrats Sherbet, my friends! :wink:

As for the information requested... forgive me, however I decline to be an oracle of all things information-related insofar as Police are concerned. I joined the forum to add to a rational, informed and reasonable debate and hope that, so far, I have succeeded. I draw a line at being a source of such information, as it is not my place to do so and may well cross the line between what is personally allowed and what is professionally allowed insofar as the fine profession I follow is concerned. I hope you understand, and if not, c'est la vie, c'est la guerre. :wink:

How many dogs are based in Lerwick?

How many are paid for through the charity, Dogs Against Drugs?

How many are paid for by the police?

And how much do they all cost?

The charity receives large amounts of public money. In April 2006, the SIC provided a community development grant of £35,000 (a similair amount is granted each year) almost half of the £97,000 annual running costs

www.shetland.gov.uk/community/news/documents/GrantsawardedApril2006.pdf

www.shetland.gov.uk/communitysafety/documents/CSStrategy2005-2010_002.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Twerto, thank you kindly, mon frere, for speaking on my behalf. I make a point of posting in personal time only, as it would be an abuse of working time to do otherwise. It is, therefore, my family whom I am somewhat neglecting in making any points herein (mayhap this is an even more serious charge!). My reason for posting, on any topic, is merely to offer yet another viewpoint and, perhaps, of a sort or source to which Shetlinkers have not previously had access. :)

As for Willies_landy, were I to take such things personally, I might be tempted to ask whether you would be happier if I communicated in grunts and pidgin English for your benefit. However, as I am not that type of person, I shall not do so. :P :wink:

I am somewhat bemused as to this unprovoked and spontaneous outburst from you, sir. Are you not the same personage who has posted on various topics in such a forthright and extremely pro-"justice" manner in the past as to have once given at least two fellow members the impression that you are or had been a Police Officer yourself at some point? Are you not the same personage who once posted the following:-

"Another thing I have noticed is that the police never try and tell me how to do my job at Sullom or how to run my croft. However I often see the young ones trying to tell the police how they should be doing theyr'e job.

In my humble opinion the police don't get the rspect they deserve."

And yet, apparently, here you are doing the same? Say it is only that you care for my prose, and I shall accept it as so, dismayed and downhearted though I may be :cry: :wink:

I appreciate from some of your other posts that you, yourself, have previously been a non-paying guest in my workplace. Surely you do not still bear a grudge, as the Officer/s who arrested you must surely have moved on by now? (Or was one named "Sherlock", and I have, in choosing this particular nom de plume, prompted some Post Traumatic Stress-style episode, in which case, sir, I offer my deepest apologies :wink: ). One must stop this jolly japery, as all this winking is quite giving me an eye strain!

Whatever your reasons, sir, rest assured that my detection rate is quite satisfactory, as is - collectively - the rest of my colleagues here in Shetland. Thank you for your kind interest, however, and - should you feel differently as to my own or our collective detection rates and abilities - I feel quite, quite certain that, being a public spirited person with a well developed sense of moral and social responsibility, you would have no qualms in contacting my colleagues (or even my good self) and passing on any relevant or pertinent information which you may perchance hold on the dozens and dozens of unsolved crimes and desperate villains that skulk amongst us, and on whom I should be concentrating, rather than communicating with fellow members of the local community. (Pauses for breath :!: ) There! I managed almost an entire paragraph with only one full stop and have spent almost a full seven minutes preparing this piece. That should provoke your wrath no end! :oops:

Rest assured, at your urging, I shall polish my jackboots forthwith and shun all personable contact with my family and fellow man (and woman), not resting or pausing to draw breath; not so much as passing the time of day with the citizens of these fair islands, until all crime in Shetland is non-existent and the hordes of anarchy and depravity have been driven back into the depths, or sent to the lowliest gaol to brood and bide for eternity, allowing the good folk of Shetland to sleep safe in their beds once more. (All I need is Land of Hope & Glory played over that last, and I am set!:wink: Ouch! Me b@#%*y eye!)

:lol:

I think I'm probably speaking for the majority when I say that your presence here is very much appreciated Sherlock.

You seem to be an eminently reasonable chap, and your arguments are always conveyed with eloquence and grace.......carry on posting :)