Dog fouling

peeriebryan

Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

I was once walking through London about 7 in the morning and saw a very smartly dressed business man with a wee dog. After the dog did its business, he quickly picked it up in a plastic bag and put it in his shiny leather briefcase! I've never looked at businessmen in quite the same way since...

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ve vill progam you not to let you dog take a dump..... :shock:

An education programme will be developed where an offender can attend to understand the impact of littering and dog fouling on the environment and the quality of life on residents.

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2010/03/08/plan-to-reform-litter-and-dog-fouling-penalties

On a serious note though....

Offenders find it difficult to pay the penalty, and arrangements are usually made to allow them to make weekly instalments as the fine can exceed their weekly income.

The report says many offenders have “complex and chaotic lifestyles†which may explain the number of fixed penalties issued.

Which poses the question, is someone living a "complex and chaotic lifestyle" and has problems being able to pay the £40.00, a fit person to be owing and looking after any animal?

Buff and Kia went to the vets today in Scalloway. Poor Buff is feeling rather subdued this evening and is not happy with his blue bandages (dew claws removed) but hasn't noticed yet that his prize goolies have gone too ...

... so whilst he went under the knife, hubby and I walked Kia down into Scalloway. Being a typical aloof and regal Shar Pei (she's a right snob in other words), she was most displeased to see the amount of dog poo and daintily ensured her paws didn't come into contact with it. Finally, she picked a relatively clean spot to have a poo which we duly bagged and stuck in the dog poo bin (or, as somebody had written on the lid of it in felt tip, "sharn").

Given that there are dog poo bins in Scalloway, we were quite gobsmacked at the amount of poo. We were also quite amazed at the amount of litter - we've never seen so much litter since we arrived in Shetland! :cry:

can someone explain to me why it is that dog poo is worse than cat poo, you dont seem to hear of cat owners recieving fines for there cats poo but you do with dog owners... also i dont think there is enough dog poo bins around lerwick, i seem to have to carry my bag with me for ages until i find one... maybe if there was more of these, more people would maybe use them

Guest Anonymous

Not sure if this is detracting from the thread but, Why are cat owners not subject to the same laws as dog owners regarding control of their animals?

ie. If an owner of an animal allows it to freely roam the streets (sometimes causing a nuisance or inconvenience to others), It is generally accepted that the owner is responsible.. It appears not to be the case with cat owners.

Not sure if this is detracting from the thread but, Why are cat owners not subject to the same laws as dog owners regarding control of their animals?

ie. If an owner of an animal allows it to freely roam the streets (sometimes causing a nuisance or inconvenience to others), It is generally accepted that the owner is responsible.. It appears not to be the case with cat owners.

I think it is something to do with the fact that the powers that be decided you couldn't train a cat but you can dogs.

Guest Anonymous

I think it is something to do with the fact that the powers that be decided you couldn't train a cat but you can dogs.

Ok.. But if I find your sheep in my garden who's responsible?

Ok.. But if I find your sheep in my garden who's responsible?

They'd be dead cos the only sheep I've got is the lamb in me freezer! :wink:

Probably not a lot of help but tiger or lion poo can work! Honest!

We used a few suitably placed sacks of it to deter fox from a little tern colony. We also had a zoo within a managable distance though!

Can't you get some audio deterrent?