Will Harry Actually Go To Iraq?

Will Harry go to Iraq  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Harry go to Iraq

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but as a REMF (rear echelon job)
    • Who cares

It’s his job. Being fired at comes with the territory. As for the insurgents if they want to get to paradise. I don’t have a problem if the west helps them get there as fast as possible. Good riddance, I say. As for all the family who complain about people dying. they took the money end of story. It doesn’t mater if they died in Iraq or if it was in the Uk. they fight where they are sent to fight. Members of the armed services can’t pick and choose.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but I would make sure we secure what we went there for in the first place, the oil. Leave the rest of them to sort it out themselves instead of trying to impose our way of life and values on them.

Are you aware that "the oil" isn't something that can just be popped into a suitcase and taken out of Iraq by the retreating US soldiers ? Extracting and transporting Iraqi oil is going to be next to impossible while there's a genocidal civil war going on.

I ment to just defend the oil refineries etc with the resources available this should be easy if its just static oil fields, pipelines and factories. Defending buildings is easy its peace keeping with people thats the hard part.

Leave them to it and it will sort itself out and we get what we wanted all along. After all the oil must flow for the west to function.

Probably get shot down in flames for this but I personally think that ALL the forces should get out of Iraq & just let the Iraqi's get on with it. At the rate they're killing people, there will be no Iraqi's left soon anyway.

I totally agree, but as this isn't going to happen anytime soon (not until we de-elect Blair, Brown and co anyway), Harry should go and "do his bit" for his granny and country. After all that's what he joined up for.

I think that it is about time we chose neutrality :shock:

Disband the forces and get them doing something useful.

Make war a thing of the past by sending politicians to fight the battles on our behalfs. They are our representatives after all. We could keep a stock of the old guns and uniforms for them. Line up Tavish :D

who cares.

isn't that like me getting a job as an MP but being told I can't go to parliament?

Not quite because Prince Harry is liable to be a target for some of the people who run around Iraq killing people. Now I have no real problem with him doing what is right for a young officer which is to go wherever his men get sent as part of their duties. Indeed if he did not want to go I would wonder why he joined the army in the first place.

However the situation in Iraq means that the Prince will be a special target which will lead to his men being at extra risk of attack over what any UK soldier is at the moment and it will probably also mean that some of our troops are tasked to keep Harry safe taking them from normal duties and perhaps even meaning they have to place their own safety second to that of the Prince.

Going back to the original question as to Harry going to Iraq I regret that I now say he should not go. He should not go because of the publicity raised by the media as his posting has become front page news in The Baghdad Times, Insurgent Weekly and the Good Terrorist Guide leading to just about every glory seeking man or boy with a bit of semtex dreaming of the ultimate target.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure he was quoted as saying that he would leave if he was stopped from going to Iraq. They say he wont leave but to my mind he has to.

Surely the point of the army is to defend "Queen and Country" if you are prevented from doing so then you cant serve with your Regiment.

Im sure that no soldier wants to go to war (and I respect them for going to war) but it is a major part of thier career. they spend a lot of time training for this and many hope that they wont be called to a situation like this.

Ok rant over!

True, very true.

Ive just watched the speech on the BBC website. It did give good logical reasons for not sending him.

I didnt think that he could go to the front line as it would certainly have put his troops in added danger not to mention the potentail embaresment to our goverment if he was taken captive.

Im sure that no soldier wants to go to war (and I respect them for going to war)

If what they want is not to go to war, then the army may have been a poor career choice.

I would have offered my respect if in this case they had refused to go to war, but as it stands on their own head be it.