France 0 - Scotland 1

sags

GREAT RESULT, FRANCE ARE FRAZZLED!

Scotland 21 points, Italy 20 points and France 19 points.

The remaining fixtures for Scotland; Ukraine (h), Georgia (A), and Italy (H). Italy; Georgia (H), Scotland (A) and Faroe (H). France; Faroe (A), Lithuania (H) and Ukraine (A).

I think France will get all nine points but going to Kiev will be tough for the French. Italy WILL get seven points like Scotland. I think Scotland will get 28 points, France 28 points and Italy 27 points. I agree with styles that Scotland v Italy will be the most important game.

With Itlay only one point ahead of France, and the Scotland vrs Italy game 2nd to last, Italy will definately have to beat us to Guarantee finishing above France.

So I canna see that fixture being as straight forward as both teams settling for a draw. I wish it was that easy

Yes, well done Scotland. Sorry to be the cynic but Italy will do as they usually do... make you suffer as they grind to the last minute (if you are a supporter of course!) then scrape through by the grace of God. That is their way. Scotland will have you believe miracles can happen then fluff the one game you would expect them to win..then bingo bango..homeboys bravehearts.

France, I have no love for and would be more than happy to see them out.

So here's hoping Italy and Scotland, unless of course Italy persist in the unfathomable folly of fielding old has-been/never-was Del Piero, in which case they deserve to go home for their stupidity.

I think we will get to the last game needing a draw and Italy will need a draw so we can expect a repeat of the 1982 Austria - West Germany World Cup match!!!

Unfortunately with 7 teams in the group, Scotland miss out on the final round of matches so if we haven't got enough of a points cushion by then it'll probably be curtains for us as Italy are home to Faroe and France are away to Ukraine, though that could be tricky for Les Bleus.

I'd be happy with 9 points from our remaining fixtures :D

Yes, well done Scotland. Sorry to be the cynic but Italy will do as they usually do... make you suffer as they grind to the last minute (if you are a supporter of course!) then scrape through by the grace of God. That is their way. Scotland will have you believe miracles can happen then fluff the one game you would expect them to win..then bingo bango..homeboys bravehearts.

So here's hoping Italy and Scotland, unless of course Italy persist in the unfathomable folly of fielding old has-been/never-was Del Piero, in which case they deserve to go home for their stupidity.

I have no idea what half this means, are you a Scotland fan?

I have no idea what half this means, are you a Scotland fan?

No, I am not a Scotland fan, (Italy fan) but was quite surprised at the result and good on Scotland - all the way if they can. Was just saying that Italy deserve to go out if they ever play Del Piero again, which would also be in Scotland's favour if they do. So there's one you can hope for. The rest was fairly self explanitory.

Just unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

A little story:

March 2002 - France 5-0 Scotland. (Berti's first game)

Scotland are humiliated in Paris and world-renowned d*ckhead David Trezeguet revels in it, teasing young debutante Gary Caldwell as the goals fly in.

http://www.creative-restraint.co.uk/assets/img/trezeguet.jpg

October 2006 - Scotland 1-0 France.

Revenge for Scotland - and Caldwell - at Hampden.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/10/scotlandR081006_228x320.jpg

Quotes from the French after the game include:

- "The ball boys slowed the game down and did not retrieve the ball quickly enough." - Raymond Domenech

- "If we played Scotland ten times, we would win nine times out of ten. That was the one in ten. See you in Paris." - Thierry Henry

- "If Scotland qualify, it's serious because, frankly, they don't resemble a football team." - David Trezeguet.

September 2007 - France 0-1 Scotland

James McFadden's wonder-goal completes Scotland's double over the World Cup Finalists.

http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc1056/th_22504_mcfadden_122_1056lo.jpg

And our good friend David Trezeguet cries like a baby and scratches his head AFTER WE SCORE at the Parc des Princes, even though 25 minutes of the game remain.

http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc678/th_22154_trezeguetcrying_122_678lo.jpg

http://img161.imagevenue.com/loc667/th_22510_trezeguet_122_667lo.jpg

Shame. 8)

(*) P.S. I should probably note here that I in no way condone Gary Caldwell's inclusion in the Scotland squad - In fact I reckon he's a total nightmare, but that's for another thread on another day.

TOP OF THE GROUP!

So a boring draw won't work Sags?

We will have to rely on France dropping points, something they will do. Patrick is past it and they will be hammered in 'The Team' for the next month so when they next meet up they will be stressed to high heaven.

And Anelka may well fall out with the entire squad causing in fighting and caos.

I was well peeved at the BBC for the pitiful mention the win got in the morning news and was never seen again :twisted: Had it been another Great British nation *cough* England *cough* putting the boot in to France twice in a row me thinks it would've been a different story :roll:

Anyroad, for your enjoyment may I present:

The Goal, the Goal again, the :cry: weeping Frenchman :cry: ( :P ) and full time celebrations :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fV2I4iwjE

Just the Goal for those in a hurry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHuOxEbFan4