Ness United & The Southern League

EISTnWAST

Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?

• Sleeping giant
    • A joke

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Ballack isna biting, I'll ask you here aboot dis een. Better here dan annider thread, cos we might get some honesty here.

With the new Bunst set up, do you think they are going down the same slippery slope that Ness did with all the stupid combination teams?

This season I think we could have done a lot better, but very few players had A league experience playing for Ness United. I can't see how the quick-fix option we went for in the past has helped us. Maybe Unst and Burra will find themselves in a similar situation in a couple of seasons when they go their seperate ways.

IMO Burra's best option would have been to play SL for a couple of seasons, and their better players could have played for different A teams. That way they would still have been playing together as a team, which would be beneficial for when they are ready to enter the A league.

I would suggest that Burra's withdrawal from the SL was the main reason that the league went into hibernation.

I'm sure du's already aware dat im no een o dis folk dat buys intae yun sharn. If you canna handle a game on da seturday efter a friday game, dan dunna budder playing. Mibee Burra canna muster 11 players fur da A league, but surely dey can get 11 fur da SL, cos dey dunna need tae be o da sam standard.

Therefore du's wan dat could commit tae it.

Mony canna - work, family and any other number of reasons could mean dat folk canna commit tae it.

Dinna presume everybody has circumstances whaurby dey can gie up da best pairt o a night 3 or mair times a week.

When I ran Ness B I wid expect folk tae either turn up or let me ken in plenty o time dey widna.

Dey didna.