Fuel Prices

mr_brain

With the election coming up could we not get a petition to be signed by folk at the poles and a few in the shops to get the people who dont want to vote. Then whoever gets voted in has that ammo to do something with. I know its not going to be easy to get anything done with the fuel but if we dont try we aint going to get anywhere.

Guest Anonymous

once you grasp that we are 23.000 ish in a voting population of 16.000.000 then we're getting somewhere, and suss that we are probably 33% of this fuel suppliers business n we're sitting ducks then you're catching up, national politics as well as holyrude are geared up for such invasive robbery n in this case the "pen is crushed by the sword"

Today, a week later - £132.9 a litre for diesel. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm putting liquid platinum in me tank. :cry:

Blimey, and I thought 132p a litre was bad. Where did you buy this? Antarctica? :P

^^ Mainlands.

Suspect your missing Njugles somewhat rye sarcasm there mainland , read it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been buying fuel in litres for years now, but thinking about fuel consumption, I suppose most folks still think of miles per gallon.

Petrol at 130.9p is £5.94 per gallon.

At 25mpg that's 24p per mile travelled.

At 30mpg that's 20p per mile

At 35mpg that's 17p per mile

At 40mpg that's 15p per mile.

Time to change our driving habits and maybe drive for economy rather than just getting there in the shortest possible time :?: .

Guest posiedon
Heimdal

At 35mpg that's 17p per mile

The new Citroen C3 gets you 74 miles to the gal, that's 8p a mile :) (Oh; and no road tax)

No I don't work at Central garage, just saying.