Fuel Prices

mr_brain

Jeremy Vine Radio 2 at 12.30 today discussing fuel prices - I've already e-mailed in. Here is the e-mail contact link and sorry it a tad late!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/contact/index.shtml?formSubmission=success

Edit: Posted at 12:05hrs!

I don't understand what SVT has got to do with the hight fuel prices in Shetland. There's only one company responsible for the high prices, and as far as I can see there's no pressure being put on them to do anything about it.

is called making a statement , if its watered down enough to be legal its totally impotent

When an electric car costs under ten grand, and is capable of travelling 500 miles non stop, i might consider one

Not £23.000 and a range of only 140 miles.

Exactly PJ, if we had as much government subsidy spent on electric cars as has been pumped into these useless windfarms we would all have been running around in electric cars years ago !

With virtually nae polution fae da lecky car der wid be nae need for da useless turbines ! ( I was o da impression dat the reason we needed the turbines was to reduce the carbon footprint )

Without the windmills, you simply shift the pollution from the tailpipe of your car to the chimney of the power station.

From this :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12203099

Quote :- Mr Alexander said the coalition government were also considering the discount scheme to help drivers in remote areas such as the Scottish Highlands, Western Isles, west Wales and parts of England and Northern Ireland.

Anybody missing here ?