Down's syndrome women used as bombers

Until I here that I will continue to feel quite justified in my assumption that most muslims support this barbarism!

Then the terrorists have achieved a great victory in this atrocity.

Write to your MP then and ask that all muslims and other faiths you bear prejudice to be cast out of your fatherland. Perhaps start a campaign? Petition maybe?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anybody tries to imply it: I'm not defending the terrorist act, (quite the opposite in fact, i think the perpetrators, whoever they may be, are beyond contempt) or the muslim faith, i'm just correcting the implications here that somehow 'all muslims are to blame'. It's that kind of attitude that stokes the fires of division and creates a victory for the terrorists.

I have yet to see any condemnation of this event from the UK muslim community.

As you can see I did not say all Muslims were to blame, I merely wanted to see the Muslim community condeming the action.

Can we perhaps recall that this was thought to be committed by Al-Quaeda, a terrorist organisation, not the muslim faith in general.

To draw a comparison; this is no different than saying that all those of christian background are as despicable as Hitler, even the somewhat famous mother Theresa!

Before anybody tries to imply it: I'm not defending the terrorist act, (quite the opposite in fact, i think the perpetrators, whoever they may be, are beyond contempt) or the muslim faith, i'm just correcting the implications here that somehow 'all muslims are to blame'. It's that kind of attitude that stokes the fires of division and creates a victory for the terrorists.

Here, Here, Njugle

Point Well Made

The western side of the planet has it’s own Religious Fanaticism. the Waco Siege comes to mind here. ( David Koresh) he was no better than Osama bin Laden in my book it all brain washing and at it's at it’s worst. There good and bad on both sides of the silly argumeny. And then the human race prides it selves that they are the most intelligent species on the planet. (Down's syndrome women used as bombers) I think this act just goes to prove how wrong we are.

400 tae 500 year ago Christians in Britian wir burning wan-an-idder at da stake – depending on whit faction hed da upper haand at da time. Christianity haes moved on in dat time – Islam hisna’

An yis – naebody expected da Spanish Inquisition!

^^^ Depends which branch. In certain christian churches these day disabled children are tortured to get the evil spirts out of them. Don't see any appologies from the main christian sect heads for that do you?

Really do hate all this antimuslim sharn, would you have had the same opinion pre 9/11? Al-Quaeda represents all muslims? IRA represents all Catholics?

They're just little boys with their toys, unfortunately those toys kill.

Would you expect the UK Hindu community to condemn each atrocity committed by the Tamil Tigers ?

Completely different! The Tamil Tigers are an independence movement not a religion...

The Iraqi insurgency isn't a religion either. Their members happen to be Muslims, as are most of their victims, but I don't see how this is so very different to the Tamil Tigers whose members are happen to be Hindus, and whose victims are mostly Buddhists.

Thing is...do they care about people with problems like Down's in that sort of society?

Don't get me wrong here - one of my mam's closest friends has a daughter with Down's syndrome, who is now in her teens and is a really lovely lass, as well as being a talented artist. I agree that this was a deplorable act and that these people ought to be condemned for it. But even though Western society (quite rightly) believes that this was wrong, to the terrorists who wanted to get their point across it surely just meant that there were two less disabled people to worry about, or perhaps that their God would be happy for them to use people with such problems.

What do you all reckon?

To quote Rabbi Burns " Mans inhumanity to Man "

Many atrocities have been commited in the name of religion...and sadly many in the name of the beliefs they hold...I know first hand how cruel some people can be to those with Downs and they are supposed to be "ordinary folk " civilised folk....I have seen first hand the suffering of the kids in Romania ,I went there when that first came about and have been involved for the last 24 or so yrs ...Life is cheap to those kind of people and I dont believe for a min that these Terrorists value the lives of disabled folk....

What on earth has sharia law being adopted in some circumstances in the UK got to do with Islamic terrorism or to the original subject insurgents using downs syndrome women as walking bombs?

Not defending what happened at all, but it had nothing to do with religion. Really nasty things are done to people with learning difficulties in this country as well. Some of those really are done in the name of 'Christianity'.

But as soon as anything happens in Iraq it's to do with Islam! The country until recently quite peacefully had quite a large christian community. All this anti-Muslim stuff just reminds me of antisemitism here in the UK before, during and after WWII. Just to illustrate my point try some George Orwell.

Just like 'We' didn't go to war with Germany over their treatment of the Jews (despite the impression my daughter got in school), 'We' didn't go into Iraq to deal with 'Islamic Terrorism'.