Stress!!

Work @ Scumerfields can get to ya if you're doing Highers. I think its because they work you so hard that you don't revise, drop out of school and have to work with them the rest of your lives.

Of course I can't say that I have been stressed because adults everywhere would say "boy you don't know what stress is" and whether I have or not, it is natural to assume that bairns can't get stressed, because they don't have bills or kids of their own of a full time job, but there are different forms of stress that are the equivlant, such as having to work and do school work, coupled with peer pressure and crap.

I listen to music when I'm 'stressed' or watch a comedy stand-up DVD. Comedians can sort out a confused mind so well.

Guest perrie-lipper

The best thing I ever heard about stress was......IF YOU WANT THE STRESS TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY. The next best thing I ever heard was....Money does not solve the problem...it gets you to the problem in style.

Try to smile at least one a day...even if it does'nt make you feel any better it might do to someone else.

Guest Anonymous

stress: letting things build up that could be avoided with planning, budgeting.

Money: the "never never" syndrome, using credit like its not real money.

Work: irritating colleagues (i work with several) not standing up for your rights, dead end job - no real hope of progress.

Home: is my flat miserable, are my flatmates moronic?

The best way to fight stress is identify the causes: is my budgeting poor? could i get a better job? will i be happier in a different flat?

Thinking about causes, and why things happen is important. ITs all too easy to let things happen, without thinking "do i want this to happen?" take a stand today, address what can be improved, live with or manage what cannot. And remember, worry solves nothing, it just indicates a problem. learn to manage your worries too.

Cheers

Duffer

What are the best ways of avoiding or relieving stress?

Is work the biggest cause of stress? Are you being forced to work more hours than you would like to? Is your boss an ****hole?

What kind of things stress you out? Get it off your chest!

Stress!....well i can tell you all about stress.......when i first com oot, i felt like the lepar in lerwick, its very stressful worrying what your friends might think about you but most of all the arrogance of some shetlanders who like to demonstrate how tough they are but i know some of thems probably holding a secret themselves.... and you know who you are.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...