tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

Guest Anonymous

what Stuart has researched and studied is quite right , common known fact amongst older learned folk that the jocks bullied thier way in , just as they would still ride roughshod over the peasants yet , i quite admire this man for his commitment and effort n think its damn disgrace Shetland natives are so blaze about it all

....i quite admire this man for his commitment and effort n think its damn disgrace Shetland natives are so blaze about it all

I will begrudingly agree with the giving him the former, but IMHO most folk's dismissive attitude towards him is of his own making. This is not the place to explain why I believe that, as I doot it would be afflicted by a severe case of Modding at the hands of the T&C's.

( ~Maybe a bit afftrack????!!!)

Just hope dirs nae press gangs rumlin aroond lookin fur folk tae serve in dis depleeted navy or for dat fact merchant navy force's in da next week or 4!! Likely when we eventualy go's tae war against Argentina and da rest o Latin America, Whaar will Captain calamity on his holm o Stone , an dis Barak O'Bama fellow be dan? Just winder how fast da yanks will jump tae wir need when its needed!!!!????

Guest Anonymous

hmmm , reckon uk had no business bein in Falklands in the first place, or new zealand , or india, or ireland, etc etc , or nicking robbing and conning little bits of territory anywhere, it will be either to do wi military or money, same as holding onto Shetland. Westminster/Unholyrood are shallow enough that we can all see Stuart Hill has a valid point

what Stuart has researched and studied is quite right , common known fact amongst older learned folk that the jocks bullied thier way in , just as they would still ride roughshod over the peasants yet , i quite admire this man for his commitment and effort n think its damn disgrace Shetland natives are so blaze about it all

I 100% agree. I was absolutely stunned(but not surpirsed) by how folk mocked and responded to him.

I was also surprised though by how many people quietly said that they felt he was right, but off course it's more than your life is worth to say that publickly.

Was anybody else at the Stuart Hill vs Brian Smith "debate" in the new Museum and Archives 1.5/2 years ago?. A guy from the audience stated that documents(released under the 30 year rule) relating to the oil boom in Shetland/the North Sea showed that Westminster was well aware of Shetland's "questionable" status and was actually afraid of what would happen if Shetlanders stood up and exerted their rights to the seas and oil.

And we wonder why the "historic" ZCC Act was "passed".....

My only "problem" with Stuart Hill is that he went about it all the wrong way. What he should have done is formed a political party and put it to the people at election time.

Guest Anonymous

lately the govt have armed themselves wi so much "anti terror" legislation theres little or no means to object to them, basically turning them into a semi democratic dictatorship, full respect to Stuart for making a stand

Well I, for one, am still following Stuart regularly via his website.

Almost 2 years now and no official challenge to his declerations/actions.

To reiterate what some others have said, I entirely support the "cause", as do many, probably most, locals. It is just the way he went about some of his "stunts" that lost him so much public support.

I feel he is finally going about it the right way. Quietly updating his site with items of correspondance, reducing "citizenship" rates to sensible levels for such a project, and offering his research in the form of an ebook

which is an interesting little read for anyone not familiar with what he is on about.

I just hope the next time he makes any kind of headline, it's because he has a legal challenge or similar, and not because he's endangered himself or others with another ill advised idea!