Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

However, du wiz a bad lad in dumpin it there, so NO hot chocolate with marshmallows fer du

If you are going to try and write 'Shetland' at least make an effort to get your grammer right :roll:

Eshh talk about nit picking.

have you any idea how bloody confusing the shetland dialect is to a hard core cheuchtar !

Besides, you were 6hrs to late with that post, someone has already taken the time, very nicely, and much apprecaited to walk me through the bits of shetland language that they noticed, have for some time been confusing me, only they were far more adult about it & used the very handy pm feature rather than childishly attempt to appear more worldly. Tis what I like most about the majority of shetland peoples, always ready and willing to help out.

Stuart

I speak as an English person about to move to Shetland. What I find extremely distasteful is that you are not from Shetland. If those born, residing, etc., in Shetland decided to challenge it, so be it but it really gets on my nerves that you feel you have the right to do this (and by residing I mean prior to the protest and as far as I'm aware, you were not).

You should pay road tax, everyone else does. What gives you the right to have defences on the shoreline? Silly me, come and view a plot of land that I have no right to sell you and you'll get blown up.

Quite simply Stuart, I regard you as an embarrassment to England; let alone anywhere else.

I speak as a Shetland person, who wanders why English people like you bypass the whole of Scotland to come to Shetland.

Stuart is part of these Islands more so than you will ever be, he lives with a Shetlander, pays his own way and does not rely on Social Housing, as you will. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I believe you are leaving one of the worst Bourghs of London to move here. I find the fact that we will have to put up with you extremely distasteful.

your wrong they are buying the home here they are also going to be adding to the island. They are also going to be contributing to the Shetland economy.

Now back to Stuart he seemed to have bypassed Scotland too. He is not helping any political movement he supports. I know one person who is desperately keen on independence and has the guts to stand for the council etc. His antics are an embarrassment to English settlers.

I speak as a Shetland person, who wanders why English people like you bypass the whole of Scotland to come to Shetland.

Stuart is part of these Islands more so than you will ever be, he lives with a Shetlander, pays his own way and does not rely on Social Housing, as you will. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I believe you are leaving one of the worst Bourghs of London to move here. I find the fact that we will have to put up with you extremely distasteful.

I'm somewhat speechless at the tone of this thread, I presume you're positioning yourself for the head of immigration in the new independent Shetland state?

I was born in Shetland and spent 40+ years there, in that time I worked closely with hundreds of incomers and I can't remember anyone ever being made feel unwelcome by locals.

And as for Stuart paying his own way - he may well be but he's costing us honest taxpayers a fortune between his boating (£1 miilion+ I'm sure I read somewhere) and this ludicrous Forvik protest - police time, court time, council time and legal expenses, oh and another rescue by the coastguards.

I've nothing against Stuart, I just believe his campaign is misguided, lacks local support and his tactics are even alienating his campaign from even folk who supported him in the beginning.

But will he listen, lets see what the poll tells us first.

According to his website Stuart has sent the police a £1000 bill for the removal of his car.

What Gets me annoyed about this is the disregard he seem to have had for others safety. The car was clearly posing a danger and the police had a duty to move it.

^^ and when they open it and, lets be honest, go "hmm", before filing it in B for bin, what is Mr Hill going to do? Take it to the rusty Sheriff's badge *cough* .. sorry Court, or Edinburgh High Court, and proclaim they haven't paid his fine demanding recompense and possibly Shetland too with it?

I'm not getting that as a way forward. Am I missing something?

What the hell?!?

There's nothing to indicate the the poster is from any 'bad' Borough of London, nor will require Social Housing. Your post is somewhat distasteful, unfriendly, disrespectful and insulting. I ask here for the moderatora to consider your posts and take appropriate action as they clearly have done in the past.

My what an ambassador for Shetland you are. Perhaps you should consider moving to Forvik.

... but he's costing us honest taxpayers a fortune between his boating (£1 miilion+ I'm sure I read somewhere) and this ludicrous Forvik protest - police time, court time, council time and legal expenses, oh and another rescue by the coastguards.

Although I agree entirely that he is a societal parasite and waste of public money, I'm afraid I don't buy this line concerning the cost of the various rescues. As I've argued previously, I am very much against his insistance on persisting with nautical activities when the evidence shows repeated incompetence. That opinion is solely based on the increased danger caused, both to the rescue services, and to others who need them at the same time.

Putting a cost on an unnecessary call out of a lifeboat, helicopter, or search party, makes no sense. Everyone I have spoken to in such a line of work agrees that they need to train, and therefore all call outs provide good training. They don't want to be called out unnecessarily, but from what I've been told, there really is no money wasted when they are.

unlinkedstudent wrote:

As somebody who is looking to move up your way, I can understand some views with regard to incomers; however, I would like to say this:-

From my own experience, I can categorically state that I don't think my husband and I are jumping the queue. We have a total of 30 points with HA and 0 points with HIC! This is despite having a job waiting. So far, all the properties advertised on the HA website have been for existing transfer applicants within Shetland or the homeless. I am advertising for a swap and in one way it is nice that I have had no replies/pms and that people want to remain where they are.

The above post that states that the poster is indeed looking for Social housing.

The post that states poster lives in the London Bourgh of Newham have been deleted.

"Now get of your High Horse and do your research.

As stated here and on incomers they are buying there own place. they are self employed and employed.

Has Mr hill contributed what to the Shetland economy. When he does something he always leaves debtors behind. He claimed he was going to fight a court case to prove they had no authority while in reality he owed a company some money. Why does every campaign he starts have an associated pay-pal donation site. Odd he has a nice car to drive about in; I wonder why he did not use this car for his last campaign.

I read that and can't understand your point. He says he has a job waiting in Shetland and they've put their names on the council housing list - this is how it works?

The post was almost a year out of date and I was hoping the original poster might respond as lot can happen in a year.

Do you have a problem with incomers getting offered council houses? I'm not aware they get any extra points not being resident in Shetland.