tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

Guest Anonymous

This thread is getting absolutely stupid and embarrassing.

For the love of pure sense will the mods please do something about it before Shetland itself starts to look as ridiculous as Forvik Island.

I'm feeling personally disgusted by some of the statements now being made. And as a Shetlander, although thankfully no longer living there, I can say without fear of contradiction by any 'normal' Shetlander, that incomers are never treated in the way that some of the recent posts would indicate.

It's worth remembering that posts on any open forum like this can, and will, be read worldwide. The Forvik fiasco may be damaging to the image of Shetland, but some of the recent posts create a far more worrying scenario.

A'm Geeng

^ Absolutely, AR. There are several comments here that have been making me cringe. At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I've gotta remind people that respect must be shown here. I think AR makes a very valid point when he reminds us that things read here form part of the world's perception of Shetland.

The above post that states that the poster is indeed looking for Social housing.

The post that states poster lives in the London Bourgh of Newham have been deleted.

"Now get of your High Horse and do your research.

I think the word you're looking for is 'off'. While you might be correct in your surmising that the poster is indeed from London and is looking for social housing, and for that I will withdraw part of what I said, but should I really have to troll through the entirety of every single post in other threads to decide whether you're being unpleasant? I think not. Try and act with a little respect if you are going to try and adopt the 'moral high ground'.

^^ Absolutely Fjool (**edit** and Auld Rasmie fur dat maeter!!**) - get back to the topic at hand. This has drifted away significantly from what this thread is!

Though the title currently states "Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik" - ultimately this thread has veins down into the "current" attempt at lifting Shetland status into the wider public psyche and the thread is touching on the demeanor of that and how "Shetland" folk (yes, that in itself is a whole forum let alone a thread!) really do think about that.

What are your views? Is the current campaign reaching out to you as "Shetlanders"? Do you feel comfortable in the demeanour in which something that may ultimately affect you is being undertaken? etc. etc.

I really believe he's doing this for himself - I think it's his ego that's driving him and he thinks if he's successful he'll go down in local history as some sort of saviour of Shetland.

I think he's egotistic, delusional and very misguided and ultimately he's driven by a desire to be someone. He'd be much better taking a good hard look at himself and getting his priorities sorted.

The above post is how if I currently understand many have picked Stuart up as, and unfortunatley however hard Stuart may try he is fighting an upward battle, no?

As has been stated earlier in this thread - and now in a roundabout fashion - the underlying theme is how a battle is fought and how the overlying victor succeeds. Reality is ... victory is in the hand of historians - and the mind of victors. Prior understanding across the ages shows this is not always how things have actually transcribed! Fantasy.

^^^ Trout - I have to disagree with you. I don't believe that this thread is about Shetland and Shetland's legal status. It is about Mr Hill and his antics - why else would it have the Captain Calamity in parentheses? I do agree that the prime discussion points are about methods and not the 'battle' (for want of a better word) and the lack of support therein. Or at least it was until the name calling by the troll element started.

^^^ Trout - I have to disagree with you. I don't believe that this thread is about Shetland and Shetland's legal status. It is about Mr Hill and his antics - why else would it have the Captain Calamity in parentheses? I do agree that the prime discussion points are about methods and not the 'battle' (for want of a better word) and the lack of support therein. Or at least it was until the name calling by the troll element started.

Eh? Read the post again - that's what I'm getting at! How many gins have you had tonight ;)

Eh? Read the post again - that's what I'm getting at! How many gins have you had tonight ;)

I think two more than I should have :oops:

Oh, you may want to take a look closer to home as to whom destroyed your little experiment, I have it on good authority that they are rather close to your "Sandness Assoiciates"! Treachery and betrayal I hear you cry! :lol:

Ah, but....was it destroyed, or was it actually turned around from a damp squib near failure in to a success. Who can really say? Perhaps it matters who you are, and what angle you choose to see it from.

What is actually seen and what is actually said in not necessarily how things really are, smoke and mirrors, double bluff and all that....

looks like some folks agree with him 16% would equal over 3000 people if this forum represented the true views of shetland. lets hope that we dont have that many hill-ites up here.

You can't extrapolate information from a poll on here and equate it to the whole of Shetland - nor can you assume that Shetlink is Shetland in microcosm. That's why I dismissed a poll earlier. A poll on a forum like this is nothing more than a bit of fun. All it shows is what the people on here who have chosen to vote think - nothing more, nothing less. Certainly can't be taken at all seriously.