Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

I declined to vote on this topic as, despite the fact I may welcome more autonomy to the isles, I don't particularly like the tactics being deployed by Mr Hill in the name of "our independence".

The poll seems to be rather personal and I already voted for more autonomy (crown dependency) on the independence thread (not that Shetlink polls count for much :wink: ).

^ Likewise and likewise. I voted 'don't know', because I don't like Mr Hills tactics, but I do favour any and all examination of further autonomy.

If we are/were such a financial damp squib in terms of government revenue, why would they even bother to 'pour subsidies on us' as it is portrayed.

The Falklands are not subsidised. Answers on a postcard. :P

(IT's not oil, by the way :wink: )

I thought they were hunting for oil in the Falklands. until they were invaded and became "important" they were dependent on the Falklands company there living standards would have been similar to the Shetlands post war.

So we have the choice of being invaded or becoming more self supporting. The community will be unable to be independent until they learn to be independent.

Think of the Scottish government and all there independence statements if Scotland went independent as of this moment they would really suffer.

Do we have the political set up to have truly democratic parties. Would we want to revert back to the laird-ship system.

I agree that its daft to be controlled by very un representative people in London. but we would need to offer a better choice and at the moment we don't have one.

A good start would be to have small local political parties in the council. All being independant means there is no chance of a strong movement forming.

I've not voted either, and for the same reasons as above. Devolution/Autonomy/Crown Dependency/Independence are worthy of all the examination and debate they can get, but IMHO Hill's attitude towards them is questionable at best, and his actions are moving them further and further sideways away from seriousness and in to counter-productive comedy and farce.

i voted "no" because i'm no in favour o stuart hill's antics/tactics/attention seeking.

what i wid be in favour o is a proper look at wir status, an if mair autonomy wid be suitable for wis.

hits a simple question ida poll, which is being ower-complicated. if you dinna support stuart hill, answer no as weel. it doesna maetter whit your thoughts are aboot da overall situation, joost answer da question dats been posed!

The Poll was only intended to gauge local support for Stuarts campaign method. I did suggest a new thread which would've given a better explanation for the poll but the mods asked us to keep to this thread.

The Poll seemed to appear at the same instant that I posted the below? Maybe the Shetlink mods can now see what we're typing before we post

:shock::wink:

^^

I can add a poll on this thread...

What options do you want?

I think a new thread is probably better, I think we should leave this one for Stuarts continuing antics.

What options? now there's a good question...

The whole question of more autonomy or full independence isn't something you can simply ask folk - most won't have a clue what it'll actually mean to them personally or for the islands as a whole.

Despite what he's said above, his website makes it clear that full independence is the goal of his campaign.

Ask anyone, anywhere in the UK if they want more independence from Westminster and they'll automatically say 'yes' without even considering the implications, it's human nature.

The issue here for me is Stuart Hills delusion claiming to represent the majority of Shetland in his seemingly one man oddball campaign.

For me the question is simply 'Do you support Stuart Hills campaign?'

1/3 of 1 percent has voted. if this was a properly conducted poll randomized with all sections of the community then Mr hill has achived something outstanding 80% of the votes cast think he is a pain. very impressive. i wonder what the turn out will be next month.

So to gain independance he needs to be an avid unionist.

Off topic but does Orkney go on about independance as well.

As stated here and on incomers they are buying there own place. they are self employed and employed.

Has Mr hill contributed what to the Shetland economy. When he does something he always leaves debtors behind. He claimed he was going to fight a court case to prove they had no authority while in reality he owed a company some money. Why does every campaign he starts have an associated pay-pal donation site. Odd he has a nice car to drive about in; I wonder why he did not use this car for his last campaign.

:lol: How long will it be until the Spam e-mails starting instead of send your money to Nigeria?

Now the new one will be “You have inherited 1000000000 dollars but you need to send £100 to Forvik to cover administration costs†etc There will always be some mug who will fall for it