Annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff

^^^

Hint for you as you're in civilization (well as much as wiegieland can be called civilized)

Check small chemists for children's sunscreen/block with Australian safety marks on them.

Companies always seem to err on the side of caution with kids sun products, and the Australian criteria for sun screen/block is much higher than ours. Apparently Sun products in the UK are classed as cosmetics.

• 2 weeks later...

Houseshare. Particularly with couple/s. Don't know what's worst, when they're getting on or falling out...fighting or fornicating, I don't want to hear it.

I'm paying the same bleeding rent, so is it too much to ask that you can respect MY privacy and keep your excrecences/expletives/whatever to your selves?

• 3 weeks later...

...and while on the subject of annoying but trivial things, I typed in 'annoying but' in the Shetlink search engine and clicked on the first link which was clearly marked 'annoying but trivial things - Room 101 stuff'. I then preceded to enter my post and upon entering it I discovered it was in the 'police' thread. Interesting little anomaly. If you type in 'annoying' and click on the first link it works fine, however if you type in 'annoying but' and click on the first link you end up in an entirely different thread. :?

I appear to have developed insomnia because of the sun rising between 3-4am. So I end up falling asleep at 6am and getting up between 11 and 1. It sucks. Not having been able to find a proper summer job - save for working in the kitchens at the Loch Lomond Open next weekend - has not helped either.

Think I'll have to invest in one of those eye masks...:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It's so annoying when you check S1 Rental and find a listing for a flat, only to find the letting agency haven't bothered putting up pictures of the flat's interior.

You might disagree, but personally I prefer for letting agencies to put up pictures of the various rooms in the flat, as opposed to simply saying that 'flat comprises of two spacious double rooms, fully fitted kitchen and bathroom with electric shower' just doesn't cut it for me. After all, they say a picture's worth a thousand words, and when these people don't put up pictures I can't help but wonder if they have something to hide...

1. Kia Picanto's

2. Getting stuck behind a slow moving (is there any other sort?) Kia Picanto

3. Nobody commiting themselves on round-abouts :evil:

4. Trying to find the start of a selotape roll

5. Finding myself counting how many times Andy Murray says "...you know..."

• 1 month later...
With you on the bank hatred. They are, without exception, my biggest pet hate.

12p overdrawn? That'll be a £20 fine. Oops! you've got a direct debit that's come out 10 mins before your pay comes in -that's a £20 fine. Here's a letter to tell you about it. That's £20. Oh look! our charges have put you overdrawn! that's means a charge, plus the charge for not having enough funds in your account to cover the charge - that means another charge!!

This is so true! I complained when this happened to me and they payed me back like £60! They knew they were in the wrong. Give it a go next time!