Island Games team

braveheart

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Unst was just like Newcastle or Hearts? Bellboy was the figure head but it was the money man Lenny spence that pulled all the strings and picked the team? Im sure that I heard it said before, that Bellboy was just there as someone for Paul Henderson to moan at?? :wink:

If he can keep Unsts prima donna's in line then he will be a shoe in for the Shetland job!!! :lol:

You appear to have a good knowledge of Shetland football kirsty. Do you not fancy putting your name forward for the job ?

And being a Brae lass (and thus, I'm guessing, a keen follower of Delting) you could build your team around players you'd have a greater knowledge of, say, Alan Duncan and Merv Jamieson and utilise their strengths...now that you (or your boyfriend) are aware of Alan Duncan's weaknesses - at least those weaknesses according to the manager of, hmmm, who was it...Cove Rangers or Deveronvale or somebody like that?

Maybe...

robbie simpson as a safe pair of hands who deserves his chance; with niall bristow as his deputy responsible for coaching; a choice to bristow whether he travels or not;

thats the best combo that we could come up with , the best balance.

jamieson may well be committed, but the too strong delting link, should rule him out this time; but when the players are better spread amongst the teams in the years to come, his chance should come.

^^

Agree with that.

I have heard a couple of times Peter Moncrieff and George Leask's names mentioned as being good candidates if they wished to put their names forward.

It may prove difficult for them though as they both have sons in the squad, and they could be accused of favouritism if they picked them for the team.

Although, I suppose John Jamieson might find it even more difficult as he's got strong links to a few Delting players on the fringes of the team.

I have heard a couple of times Peter Moncrieff and George Leask's names mentioned as being good candidates if they wished to put their names forward.

I believe I said that last time around :)

As far as their sons being involved - if they're good enough they should be in. That would happen whoever the manager is. And surely not too many people could argue about the PotY being included. Besides, if there was anyone who did moan (and there would be some, no doubt), I don't think it would bother either of those gents that much.