NHS to take over cleaning and catering again

paulb

Well, I have to disagree.

I was in GBH A&E t'other day. Doc made me Nil By Mouth for 4 hours while they pondered. Then decided I could go home, and nurses kindly offered me some grub.

They came back with a decent egg mayo on granary roll, lovely yoghurty/jammy/muesli thing with no sugar and I thought it was very edible.

Compared with the garbage I have eaten in London hospitals over the years, that is not bad. At KCH in South London I pretended to be Muslim so I could at least have a decent curry! The Jewish food at the Middlesex was great too!

Well, I have to disagree.

I was in GBH A&E t'other day. Doc made me Nil By Mouth for 4 hours while they pondered. Then decided I could go home, and nurses kindly offered me some grub.

They came back with a decent egg mayo on granary roll, lovely yoghurty/jammy/muesli thing with no sugar and I thought it was very edible.

Compared with the garbage I have eaten in London hospitals over the years, that is not bad. At KCH in South London I pretended to be Muslim so I could at least have a decent curry! The Jewish food at the Middlesex was great too!

the food you would have had would have come from the staff canteen a lot created by the staff to make up for the muck sent by the kitchen.