Trump gets his golf course

Watched it now...

Well I can't say I'm en-amoured by Trump and his cronies or their attitude towards the people who's land he wants so that he doesn't have a slum and eyesore in the middle of his project!

To develop a golf course on such a special site would be bad enough, but to build his private executive village is another thing entirely.

1400 acres is not enough? Originally the 800 he had were more than enough.

Stinks, as does the Councillors who sold outs attitude.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides seem to be screaming that the beeb were biased.

That is surprising. I couldn't quite see how it could be considered biased in a pro-Trump direction. In any case, the Trump camp seemed to do a pretty good job themselves of coming across as quite obnoxious and shallow individuals.

... so that he doesn't have a slum and eyesore in the middle of his project!

I had to laugh at this after having seen the clips of the interior of Trump's own abode. Incredibly repellent and tacky bling would seem to sum up his idea of aesthetic taste. Yuck.

Interesting to note that the architect is the same as for the Mareel.

I had to laugh at this after having seen the clips of the interior of Trump's own abode. Incredibly repellent and tacky bling would seem to sum up his idea of aesthetic taste. Yuck.

Yeh his penthouse was my idea of a nightmare.

In my eyes Trump and his cronies said enough all the way through to show them in their true light. I find it amusing that his attitude is that we're here doing you a favour, as is it was some charitable act for Aberdeenshire him building there. Sorry did I miss the bit where he is really doing it to make a fortune and show the wold how amazing his empire is?

It was a hard watch for me. Blood boilingly so having spent many many happy times wi friends and family on the very dunes shown throughout the program. The beach will surely remain public (I need to check on that though) but whacking a huge golf course, hotel, and small effing town on the surrounding land will ruin one of the most special places in the NE forever.

Trumps attitude and wielding his dead mother to help his money making scheme was p*sh poor. As is the very notion of granting the CPOs against the folk that don't want to sell their homes when the land bought by Trump "was more than enough" for the original plans i.e. it's greed making him want to build bigger and consume more and more land.

Yeh the going on and on about his mother and Scottish roots was very irritating.

As far as I'm aware he bought the land before he'd even visited Lewis. And why on earth does having a mother from Lewis mean you feel the need to build a golf course and town in Aberdeen???

^It's the CPO bit that gets me too.

Trump (he surely must have been picked on for having a name which is a euphemism for "fart") is just a bully, and the councillors, well they just do what they do ie:hide behind a tie and bend over backwards to get that all-important "inward investment". Smiling as the fat yank insults one of their countrymen and his way of life right in front of them.

If I was the fellow who had been forced out of his home by this bunch I would probably burn the golf couse to the ground, and the homes of each of my opponents in the council, just for kicks. And then go looking for Donald.

How can they get away with this?