Trump gets his golf course

^Nice deflection :roll: The other golf courses in Aberdeen are different, they are not world class facilities, most are amatuer at best, they do not have the financial backing that Trump's will. This golf course will attract many people, Scotland is the home of golf afterall. Also, how do you know it will be an eyesore? It is a fact of life that in order for things to progress, a certain degree of industrial development must be accepted. So, when you are in Aberdeen do you go along and sample the delights of the sand dunes?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Nice deflection :roll: The other golf courses in Aberdeen are different, they are not world class facilities, most are amatuer at best, they do not have the financial backing that Trump's will. This golf course will attract many people, Scotland is the home of golf afterall. Also, how do you know it will be an eyesore? It is a fact of life that in order for things to progress, a certain degree of industrial development must be accepted. So, when you are in Aberdeen do you go along and sample the delights of the sand dunes?

I sample the delights of the dunes every time im in Aberdeenshire visiting my parents. Im from that area, grew up in that area & still hold my roots in that area, loosing this will be loosing one of the few natural habitats aberdeenshire has left to be proud of.

As quoted from the RSPB web site.

"Trump international refused to explore the possibility of a development that would protect this unique natural asset and deliver a world class golf course.

As a result RSPB Scotland commisioned a respected Scottish golf course architect to redesign the layout. At the recent public enquiry, Trump International agreed that it would indeed be possible to deliver a world class golf course and protect the SSSI but this was not what they wanted.

It appears that the desires of one high profile overseas developer, who refused to compromise one inch, have been allowed to override the legal protection of this important site, and we fear this sets a precedent which will undermine the whole protected sites network in Scotland.

The fact that an alternative was available which would have delivered all of the economic and social benefits without causing any of the enviromental damage demonstrates that the Scottish Goverments so called green agenda counts for nothing at all.

Sums it up :wink:

It would be interesting to know if Trump International and Donald had communicated this fact, or whether he was kept in the dark about these little points..

Though, I'm pretty sure he would be like all the developers I know, who are only after making money and don't really care about anything else.

As such, the authorities should have held out and insisted on an improved design which would have seen the SSSI protected and yet allowed the golf course to go ahead.

But of course, you do risk then the developer taking their ball and going someplace else.. But if you don't, your just going to get walked over the next time and before you know it, it will be like it is here, surrounded by golf courses for the lucky few to enjoy and the rest of us make do with our concrete jungle..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There really isn't any long term financial gain to the average Aberdonian, we won't be able to afford the houses and we probably won't be able to afford the membership fees. The gain to Aberdeen comes from the construction costs, local firms and suppliers need the work at the moment.

Trump's behaviour towards Forbes is exactly as expected he's trying to bully him, I reckon Forbes has a price but the offer made to him is laughable when you bear in mind what Trump stands to make off the development. I'd be holding out for more cash too.

• 2 months later...