Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More B****y paid leave...This guy cant lose no matter what way you look at it....Last time it was Gardening leave on "Full Pay" Now he,s on holiday..

As I said before he,s looking for a BIG PAYOFF and that,s IMO what will happen....How on earth can SIC take on some nincompoop as CE and keep backing him untill the brown stuff really hits the fan and then Pay Him for the priveledge of really " sausaging" ( word replacement) the whole thing up...It really beggers belief,,,As for the Sun if they are finally going to be able to get rid of this wally then good on them because no one else seems to be able to...

It just remains to be seen how much this is gonna cost us

Whaars da comments fae wir cooncilors. Why ir we still spekilatin. Did da CE lie aboot his cv? wis hit an his refrences checkit? Or did dey no budder.

Naebody tells wis oanythin.

if da CE got his job by maybe embellishin his cv - an wha dusna - dis shud ha been fun oot by wha ivver wid ha checkit him oot. An if he got da job be no tellin da truth dis is caas for dismissal, nivver mind about oany compensation fae wis.

Is he away fur a job interview joost noo? Wha will tell wis.

Turning back for a minute to the oil payments.

I believe that the tonnage payments are irrelevant as the minimum quantities in the Agreement with the oil industry have never been reached and the amounts received are only the minimum payments index linked for inflation.

Ian Clark had I understand left Shetland long before the Port & Harbour Agreement which secured the income was signed. Credit should go to the late Chris Ennis who was Finance Director from the mid 70s for the major agreements.

Ian Clark's main legacy was environmental in securing the legislation which allowed planning control and ensured that there was only 1 oil terminal and harbour instead of each oil company building their own.

Turning to the more recent controversy. I am still not convinced by the "afternoon off" for drinkies being authorised in advance, perhaps the possiblity of a cover up needs to be investigated and maybe there are grounds for dismissal for gross misconduct and surely the resignation of any officails or politicians who were found to have been involved in a cover up.

This should remove the need for any financial settlement.

David Clark could never have made a good Chief Executive because of how he was selected.

The speed of his selection and the reason why he was selected was always a concern to me.

The selection wasn't unanimous, but some councillors pushed extraordinarily hard for his appointment and it would be good to know why this was so.

It appeared right from the very start, that this was a man lacking in the experience and the wherewithall for leading an organisation such as the SIC Executive and therefore it wouldn't be long before he started to flounder in-house and then to flounder publicly.

Turning back for a minute to the oil payments.

I believe that the tonnage payments are irrelevant as the minimum quantities in the Agreement with the oil industry have never been reached and the amounts received are only the minimum payments index linked for inflation.

Ian Clark had I understand left Shetland long before the Port & Harbour Agreement which secured the income was signed. Credit should go to the late Chris Ennis who was Finance Director from the mid 70s for the major agreements.

Ian Clark's main legacy was environmental in securing the legislation which allowed planning control and ensured that there was only 1 oil terminal and harbour instead of each oil company building their own.

Turning to the more recent controversy. I am still not convinced by the afternoon off; for drinkies being authorised in advance, perhaps the possiblity of a cover up needs to be investigated and maybe there are grounds for dismissal for gross misconduct and surely the resignation of any officails or politicians who were found to have been involved in a cover up.

This should remove the need for any financial settlement.

and to others :mrgreen:

The selection wasn't unanimous, but some councillors pushed extraordinarily hard for his appointment and it would be good to know why this was so.

Was it made public at the time who voted for Clark during the selection process? I don't recall ever coming across that information. Is this publically available information? If not is it gettable via the Freedom of Information legislation?

IMHO, knowing before the next round of council elections who put this guy in the job, is issue numero uno in the public interest.