Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the level of discussion over Brian's minimal posts when he makes them, I think it would be fair to say he has contributed.

Just think of it as a Zen commentary, not so much what he has said, but more about what he has not said, less is more, the value of silence. :wink:

Aye, but is a Zen commentary on any subject, still on topic? http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/Wellll.gif

Given the level of discussion over Brian's minimal posts when he makes them, I think it would be fair to say he has contributed.

Just think of it as a Zen commentary, not so much what he has said, but more about what he has not said, less is more, the value of silence. :wink:

Aye, but is a Zen commentary on any subject, still on topic? http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/Wellll.gif

If we all thought like that, there would be a marked decrease in posts, threads, topics etc. mm? :wink:

the advice people warn you about dealing with companies that don't give addresses or land line numbers. i hope anyone in London looks up this chaps history.

A quick WHOIS request normally turns up the address; listed as follows for this particular domain:

(** mod edit ** - easy to find if you know what you're doing. If not google for what WHOIS is)

Agree it is very bad practice not to include this address on a business website, mind you it is not the most professional looking site anyway. Mind you in the consultancy field work normally arises as a result of personal connections and reputation rather than that what is on your website.

Perhaps a quick scoit at this juncture over the Shetlink T&C's for everyone would be good. Term 1 for instance? Njugs "Master Kong" philosophical musing appears to have bypassed most people ....

Shetlink T&Cs[/url]"]1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not submit (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory language, harassment, impersonation, trolling and sockpuppeting (multiple user accounts), or multi-account use (two or more individuals using same account) will not be tolerated.

^^ There, I've even posted it so you don't have to even go looking for it. Imna I da gud een?

Send all pleepsin to blahblahwhitever@readthetandcsyousigneduptothem.com

In My Humble Opinion - I reckon the aforesaid DC and his consultancy will be very much sought after. Many companies and organisations currently struggling with the current downturn are looking for someone with a proven track record of ruthlessness and cunning. If I was a CE of a foundering company and perused DC's CV (screwed a local authority and their serfs for 250K on my holidays) then I would be interested.

Come off it lets not paint the local authority as some victim here they had ample opportunity to dismiss him long before they did and with no pay off.

If you're going to blame anyone start pointing fingers at Cluness for the indecision, Wills for the witch hunt and every other bloody councillor who didn't stand up and stop him getting hired in the first place.

It'll be interesting to see who wants to take on the job of Chief Exec now, in all seriousness the SIC don't come out of this looking anything other than bad.

^^ I really hope they get a recently retired hard nosed auld sausage from somewhere who can at least make some headway in getting things back on track.

Lets not forget, millions have been slipping away here and there since long before the most recent CE took up the post. At least if there is now the shakeup the town hall so badly needs, there may be a silver lining...

^^ I would rather it was someone younger, with Shetland's future interests first and foremost in mind, and a disgust bordering on contempt for the current council ineptitude, especially in the top ranks, but with enough professionalism never to let it show. With a MO of kicking asses left right and centre, calling them out on anything any everything, no matter how trivial, and generally doing what any CE worth their salt should, keeping the machine trundling forward at maximum possible pace in the most prudent manner possible.

A recently retired person, however hard nosed, is either there because the pay cheque was too much to pass by, or they've gotten bored in retirement. We've allegedly had that already anyway, pre DC, look at what and where it got us, nowhere special.