Teacher seeks emergency accommodation

Hello, I am nearing a desperate situation and was hoping that someone could help.

I am moving to Shetland to teach in Lerwick, and I am having huge problems finding somewhere to live. I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom flat in Lerwick from the 11th of August. I have been using the Shetland Times, Shetland News and the Estate Agents websites with no luck. Does anybody have any inside knowledge, contacts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

You could advertise for accommodation on the council's intranet site. It gives you the opportunity to reach a fairly large audience for free. If you don't know anyone who can access this for you, PM me and I could do it.

Sorry PaulB... but according to the Housing Dept the -5 houses that are sitting empty in Firth are NOT EMPTY....Beats me

Know someone who is in the same situation and has a job to come to as an outreach worker and cant get a house either and even have family in Shetland..and want to move to Firth

If these houses are taken why are there no peeps living in them?

I've altered the title of this thread to something more meaningful.

We really, strictly speaking, have a classifieds section for this kind of thing but, since it's an emergency, etc, I'll leave it open for now.

Good luck in your search :)

Some were knocked down? It’s nice to see the council are so forward looking as usual.

There’s one that seems to be some sort of drug den. I heard one man at the weekend shouting that he had drugs for sale out the sitting room window. A drinking party that started on Friday night and went on none stop until midday Sunday. They have been reported to the council and the police. Guess what no sign of the police or a sniffer dog. The only dog seen was the dog that was in the said drug den who was being beating the hell out of at about four in the morning up in the car park and I heard two of the independent wittiness who saw the dog being hit saying it. And it has been reported as well. So we now wait to see what happens next

I willing to bet that nothing will come of it though.

Seems to me that is one house that could be used for a proper tenants