Christmas Illuminations

Mattie

Houses throughout Shetland are gearing up for their outdoor Christmas illumanations!

What are the best. What are the worst?

Moderators.. You should give a winnng prize to the best illumanations?

Categories being:

Low key - but nice

Arty Farty

Talented

Tacky

and over the top tacky and ridiculous!!

lol :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the sic need a kick up the behind for the state of lerwicks town illuminations, how long since they were updated and half the time they don't work residents certainly put them to shame!!!

There's a nice garden up Anderson road, dat old wife shud get a prize me thinks.

We had our first Christmas late night opening last night and nearly everyone I spoke to said the lights were "a very poor effort at best" and "why bother if that is their best effort" , one wee wifie offered to "Gang oot n buy lights an a ladder tae fix da bu****s masell".

Just how old is the cr (sorry) the Christmas decorations that are up now?

Come on SIC, Have some bl***y pride in Shetland! :twisted:

It is hard to know what the right answer would be. The Council haven't updated their lights and they're slagged off for not doing so here on Shetlink. If they update their illuminations, someone will no doubt say that they've wasted money on new lights when the old folk / homeless / whatever needs the cash instead.

With due respect to Mattie who in his original post posed a valid question, what is the point in continuing this thread if all that will happen is that SIC will get slated whatever they do?

Of course, anybody who realy feels that any public illuminations are lacking are entirely free to start a fund raising campaign to pay for better ones, leaving the politics out of it. I'm sure the local authority/retailers would welcome such a donation.

Nice idea Mattie, we shouldn't mention any names of course, but given that some of our local private light displays could be seen from outer space there is no harm in mentioning the more prominent of them here. :wink:

There's a house at voxter that looks amazing. It was done up for halloween an it should be up an runnin soon if not already for xmas decorations. Stopped to show the little one last yr, an when we turned car off there was music playin aswell!

I think the outside decorations are fantastic for the kids, and big well done to everyone who puts such an effort in i think.

Hopefully i can compete next year...