World Cup

drew_peacock

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the English mentality that they are the best and harping on about 1966 every game and games that have nothing to do with an England match that puts me off.

I hope any other team than them will win. Just because they are next to Scotland is no reason to support them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Sandy and so's my wife.

I will be supporting every team that is playing against engurland. Call me what you want (but don't call me over!) and I don't care.

The team itself, and loads of English people are very nice, fine, dead good folk but the whole hype sickens me. And waht the folk are all those rule britannia WW2 sing-a-long songs about!!!?

I'm with Sandy and so's my wife.

I will be supporting every team that is playing against engurland. Call me what you want (but don't call me over!) and I don't care.

The team itself, and loads of English people are very nice, fine, dead good folk but the whole hype sickens me. And waht the folk are all those rule britannia WW2 sing-a-long songs about!!!?

Well why not just turn off Sky Sports News and don't read the tabloid pap? It's the media you don't like... not the team itself - by your own admission.

I'm not gonna support England, simply because I don't really care for their style of football - unless ROOON-AY! gets fit. Then I'll support them because that boy is a class act and is one of the most exciting players in the world to watch.

I'll also be supporting Brazil & Portugal and for my underdog team, T&T because of Scotland! :D

No Mario I also add that the support, the rule Britannia, WW2 dam busters triumphalism shoit gets on my goat also.

And.........why should I deprive myself of finding out what else is on in world just to avoid the engurland “its coming home†bull?

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy a month of wonderful football. If England happen to go out in a horribly embarrasing way, then that's simply a bonus. If I was to look for a team to follow, it would be the Czech Republic.

I don't buy into the story being thrown about why Scotland fans should support England "because they are our closest neighbours". If Aberdeen get knocked out of the Scottish Cup, I sure as hell don't start supporting Caley or Dundee United just because they are my "closest neighbours".

Back on the subject of Walcott. He was non-existant against Hungary on Tuesday night when he came on. And surely Sven will try Carrick in the holding role against Jamaice seeing as Carragher and Hargreaves were both dump there on Tuesday night. In fact, I think playing Carragher there was an attempt to get him into the team on the back of an excellent last couple of seasons. I would probably play him ahead of Ferdinand actually, but Sven wouldn't do that.