Will's & Kate name the date.

Malcolm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having my cynical hat on it's just another freeloader us the taxpayer have to pay for whether it's guarding them or whatever.

Think how many other couples have got engaged today-what about them?

Really there must be more pressing things going on in the world than having to put up with these two goons on every news channel, not to mention the papers tomorrow!

Oh dear.......

Why can't you Shetlinkers just congratulate the couple...????...

They have been together for many years, so I guess they must love each other.....she must be a VERY brave woman to marry a coming British King....

:D Be happy with them....Happiness and love don't hurt you......

Has every single TV chanel just been sat with a Wills and Kate backlog of video ready for today!!!! No escaping it!!! Apart from the obvious switching the box off which will maybe be called for.

And nope happiness and love dont hurt anyone, but a pointless, outdated monarchy costs us 'commoners' millions.........

This isn't news?

It will be treated as news e.g. lead item on TV news, front pages etc. However it should not be news - there are far more important issues in people's lives than two people, who we do not know, getting married.

I agree with Chicken Yoghurt

A workshy republican writes

There’s only one thing I want to know about the publicly subsidised second in line accident of birth wastrel marrying his broodmare: will we get the day off?

The country must be in a more of a dire state than we think – they only bring on a Royal Wedding when all other options including war have failed. The last time this option was used was July 1981.

Umm ... Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson - 1986

Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones in 1999

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good scaremongering!

They have been together for many years.....

They have........Who knew?!? :shock:

Yeah well, good luck to them. I just wish the whole thing didn't have to be turned in to a charade that takes the country over for months. The entire Red Top media will need to be shot and buried in lead caskets before there's any chance of that though.

In cases like this, I'm very happy to live in Norway.....i think the Norwegian Royal family has been more in the "top news" in foreign countries, (except some crap sensationel magazines which nobody really reads), than in this country.....strange....but we know that they do a good job for Norway, and then we let them have their private life alone....

Britain should have learned to do that too....

And if you don't want to read or hear about the newly engaged couple....then just don't buy the papers and switch the TV to another channel.....Discovery or something else you can learn something of.....

They have been together for many years.....

They have........Who knew?!? :shock:

Yeah well, good luck to them. I just wish the whole thing didn't have to be turned in to a charade that takes the country over for months. The entire Red Top media will need to be shot and buried in lead caskets before there's any chance of that though.

I could live with that. :twisted: