Streamline

snow

Christ if your so desperate for a parcel what does it take to drive 10 minutes to check if your parcel is there or not? Bloody hell it's not like this happens all the time at least they are doing their best to help you get your parcels a bit quicker!

You would be bloody moaning if you were still wating 2 weeks from now for a parcel, give them a bloody break!

Rant over! :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in any case its no all down to streamline , theres a whole network between despatches n the actual delivery here , if you want faster deliveries move nearer to the sellers
Or pay more for your delivery. Buy from a company that only uses the fastest delivery services such as City link or (oddly enough) Parcelforce. But do not moan about the cost.

Sometimes there's no option but to use the designated courier. For instance, Play.com use Home Delivery Network and apparently delivery is sub-contracted to Streamline for Shetland destinations. According to my tracking number, the parcel I'm waiting for has been at the Aberdeen depot since November 24th.

This isn't the first time I've had a seriously delayed consignment once it enters The Shetland Triangle...

I've got to wait until 21 days have elapsed since despatch before I can put in a missing item claim to Play.com. Next time I'll be buying from E-bay; at least the sellers use Royal Mail, which I've never had any problem with in the past.

Unfortunately I hadn't seen or heard anything about this until I got a call from one of the drivers who knows me. He was really helpful, told me I had three parcels and was there somewhere he could leave them as he knows I work in Lerwick but live in Northmavine. He couldn't have been more helpfull.

Well done Streamline, at least your trying to get your backlog cleared.

Good on you.

Next time I'll be buying from E-bay; at least the sellers use Royal Mail, which I've never had any problem with in the past.

An increasing number of ebay sellers are no longer using Royal Mail, the bame probably lies with ebay themselves, as they've been for quite a while actively encouraging already established "real world" businessess to open an ebay "branch". Most of those already have a contract with one delivery service or another, and they just keep on using it.

Some longer established and successful "ebay only" sellers too are being lured away from Royal Mail by couriers. For anyone who's shifting a reasonable volume of stock continously the couriers are cheaper for their "Standard" delivery areas.

If you stick to only buying from private sellers on ebay, chances are 99.9% will use Royal Mail, among business sellers, its probably under 50% now that use them.

in any case its no all down to streamline , theres a whole network between despatches n the actual delivery here , if you want faster deliveries move nearer to the sellers
Or pay more for your delivery. Buy from a company that only uses the fastest delivery services such as City link or (oddly enough) Parcelforce. But do not moan about the cost.

CityLink are hard to beat for speed. Parcelforce though, while perhaps their enhanced services *may* be faster, anything I've been sent using their "basic" service (48 Hr delivery, I think its called), almost never arrives in under 5-7 working days after sending, which is exactly the same time Royal Mail Standard Parcels items require, and they charge about half of what Parcelforce does.

For lowest cost vs. delivery time, Standard Parcels can't be beat in my experience.

well if you buy n get the frieght cost you're stuck wi it , horses n bolted. If theres a backlog theres a backlog , simple as. No use in crying, Better off pitching in helping as gowling on here

And no they cannot just hire more delivery drivers. A delivery round needs someone who has been trained so that they know where they are going...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you mean like they do already?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously though

Thing is being a non car driver I order big stuff to come tae my hoose and smaller stuff I want fast to my work in Lerwick. So what use would collecting it from the hall? I still don't drive so extra expense finding a taxi? trying to find a sympathetic neighbour with the right shape of vehicle?

Top marks to Streamline for an innovative approach to a problem.

Yes, I agree with a lot of posters that delivery should be made to the door, as paid for, but if some people are in walking distance of a hall, or passing anyway, then the reduction to the backlog means that the folk who can't get to a hall will get their things delivered faster.

I'm not a fan of Streamline based on past and present experience.

Just recently I bought something from Amazon but it never seemed to appear so I checked the tracking and it had shot from England to Aberdeen in 2 days and was now with the courier in Aberdeen on the 20th Nov with a delivery date of the 27th(I chose the cheap p+p as there was no immediate rush for it).

I thought that's fair enough, I needn't look for it before then but then the 27th came and went....

It was finally delivered last Friday(3rd Dec) by Streamline so according to the tracking it would seem that it was lying at Streamline in Aberdeen for 13 days.....