Profiting on ticket sales in Shetland

Trout81

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, this is nothing new. Large numbers of people try for small numbers of tickets for various things on a daily basis and the majority are always dissapointed.

If the allocation per person had been lower it would simply have taken a little longer for them to sell out. Chances are roughly the same people who got tickets at the weekend would have them now whatever the allocation.

If the allocation per person had been lower it would simply have taken a little longer for them to sell out. Chances are roughly the same people who got tickets at the weekend would have them now whatever the allocation.

Perhaps – but they’d be buying them from the Ticket Touts at inflated prices.

Ok, yet again another ad on shetlink from someone selling 1 levellers ticket to the highest offer. I think its just plain wrong and ads like these should be removed!! I was lucky enough to get tickets but not so lucky for M and Sons!

Begs the question how much of a donation will ticket touts give to Shetlink?

I think its just plain wrong and ads like these should be removed!!

We do remove them when we find the time. Classifieds aren't high up the list of priorities just now and I do wonder if it would be just as easy to remove the functionality altogether. Would people complain less or more?

Good luck to all those who got tickets, saw them at the Music Hall a good few years back, fully enjoyed it.

Perhaps – but they’d be buying them from the Ticket Touts at inflated prices.

:? What do you mean? The same number of tickets will have been sold at the same price. Whether sold 1 or 10 at a time makes absolutely no difference in that respect.

It's also odd that this only seems to cause a furore on Shetlink when its a local performance. Many tickets are advertised now and then for events, travel etc all over the place, but nobody seems to complain about them.

• 2 weeks later...

As regards the concerts, I will probably stand around in Lerwick near the event and hear the music fine. No tickets needed for that.

Moving on, the tickets to see Ed Byrne at Clickimin are on sale from this morning. You have been told !