Boycott Tesco!

Mattie

lets examine the atos health test.

my daughter is a bank health care assistant. she fell and messed her knee up. she was on crutches for over 6 months.

she was not able to recieve any sick pay as she was bank staff. she applied for sickness benifits. after waiting a good 6-8 weeks she recieved a couple of payments.

she was sent to the health test which she failed completly. she was still on crutches and in pain/. she was waiting for a scan and was activly getting pyshio.

so they of course stop her payments. she was not fit to do anything and it took another few months untill she was fit to work again. if we had not had the money to support her she would have been stuffed.

if they can't even deal with a short term injury i hate to think how they mess up the harder to judge cases.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Your link is behind a pay wall, you'll need to copy paste the article if I'm to read it.

Oh and it's Tesco not Tescos, and their heads high not there, or did you miss out a comma?

Well I dont have a sub to the FT and I could read it - as said its against their T&Cs to cut and paste. All the news outlets were carrying the story yesterday so a 3 second google would have got you the gist.

I guess I shouldnt suggest the trolls find something new to pick on, should I - makes me a target. For all you know I could be severely dyslexic and the post may have taken me 20 minutes to construct - do you snide keyboard elitists ever stop to consider that other peoples lives are not identical to your own?

Hah! Absolutely, ShetlandBoys! Someone putting things in perspective.

And as for dyslexia, I have been dyslexic since I can remember. It's not an excuse. I just sought help, once I realised (schools didn't, in those dark and distant days), and worked my ass off at it. (spellchecker set to check grammar is VERY handy, unless set to American English!) While not perfect, I'm quite proud of my spelling and grammar these days. It's a real effort most times, but I seem to manage!

Oh, and Peat... the "bully" thing again? Grow up, man. If you can't take the (very mild) heat, stop dousing yourself in petrol and playing with matches (figuratively speaking).

And I bet you don't talk as you write, so why do it? Funnily enough, it seems to have got worse since someone started pointing it out to you... you say "bully", I say "troll".

Getting back to topic, care to address the whole issue of ALL these employers subscribing to this scheme - including those charities?

Perhaps seeing the folks faces when they tell you of their fears would add perspective, which many may not experience. On this one however, who ever may have suggested it, it is unfair to those who, until now, we thought were vulnerable. Although I have not met thousands, but a dozen or so, from a broad spectrum, and the efforts of those I have not met except through the forums and blogs.

My responses tend to match the order of some ones post and answered accordingly.

I have posted on here about how constantly picking up on spelling and grammar can seem to be bullying, I am sure if you see how bullying is perceived by the target, you may have some thought towards how folk may not want to post for fear of ridicule. Some think this forum above that of the way our country works with ALL folks being able to have a voice. In the real world, anyone can make a difference, with any level of education and mental ability, here it seems sometimes not. Otherwise it is unbalanced. Delegation is good if you are not able to do the job yourself.

Peat, my point about glass houses stands. I referring to the fact that you frequently make snide comments, belittling others, yourself. But when you perceive others are doing so to you, you cry "bully".

And I don't bang on about your spelling or grammar. It's the actual construction of your sentences that baffles and boggles me - and plenty others, it seems. It's like reading English translated into Russian, via Google, then back into English. Try it sometime, folks, if you haven't already. It can be quite amusing. To be honest, I haven't noticed much misspelling from you. Grammar, yes, but that's dependent on lots of things, and I'm with Stephen Fry on the evolution of "English". Grammar I can live with, it's the back to front, jumbled around and meandering nature of your posts (the last being further evidence) that baffles me. Do you really talk exactly the same way you write??? (most people are pretty close, spoken to written form, myself included) :?

END OF DIGRESSION.

Now, for the third time, what about the OTHERS on the list...?

They are the same as Tesco if they take on folk who have been forced into W.R.A.G. either through their lack of understanding of the system or through poor systems.

The only time I have accused some one of being a bully is when they digress from the subject the writer has commented on and rubbished their writing style or ability, who are they really to judge? Sadly, no advice but a little scorn.

Perhaps you need to step back to look at the way folk communicate instead of commenting on how different it appears. You know little of the folk who post here, really. My comments are in response to others, the same as yours. They are also comments following up my own comments. In my way of doing things here, to me they work and allow me to say what I think and they help me remember. there are some who may post eloquently, but also could be full of chyte.

To be really honest, does it really matter? How does it matter if it matters? Would it matter in a different matter as much as it seems to matter here, to you.

I do what I think is right most of the time. I do do things.

Now, you can comment on some of the links I have posted, the Welfare Reform Bill, the Spartacus report and the posts I have linked to.

Tesco make a multi million pound profit, many charities are struggling.

The good of the community is the way forward, not multinational company profits.

And in a time of economic struggles and decline, where such a corporation is a major employer, you would...? See them out of business? One gets that impression, amongst the do-do you do-do. :roll:

Who allowed this eeevil empire to endlessly expand? Enforcing ridiculous European legislation, which, in at least one well-known instance, cost a man his livelihood, his family business and the threat of his freedom? All for a bloody pound (lb) of apples or bananas??! And then they repealed it!! (THEY are the reason I don't trust statistics. (That and the fact I have a cousin who is a statistician, and he describes it as the science of making 2+2=9, ie anything you want to do with numbers, he and his colleagues pretty much can!) But that lot's use of statistics, twisting and altering them to suit any purpose, push through any "reform", support any lie, should - hopefully - go down in history as nothing but harmful to this country. "Things are gonna get better" Remember THAT bag of utter crap they sang themselves into power with. And their bequest to us? An entire Parliament filled with clones, in all parties, each as dishonest or self-serving or morally bankrupt as the next. Incapable. Of speaking. In any more. Than three words. To a sentence. (so the media can suuuuck it all up and spout out the sound bites!). The current government may well be giving Tesco and other employers a big ol' helping hand on the cheap labour (no pun) front, but, by God, it was Gordon Gekko - sorry, I mean Toneeeh Blair and HIS team (Balls, Millipede and the rest) that laid out the free lunch for them. (altogether now, "Land of Ho-ope and Glo-reeh!..." no? Anyone? That ends this party political broadcast from the Just Be Honest, For Fecks Sake Party.)

Because Tesco DID have some help along the way from Tony and his interchangeable gang of feckless, greedy little monkeys, didn't they? Maybe there's a few of them consultants now? Or on their board? Be careful, Peat, "power corrupts..." and all that! :shock:

Hmmm. On the one hand, you say "They are the same as Tesco if they take on folk who have been forced into W.R.A.G." and then you say,

"Tesco make a multi million pound profit, many charities are struggling"

Does one cancel the other out? :?: Baffled. Again.

And Peat? Nothing really matters. Nothing matters at all.

The Martians could land in the car park and no one would care.

And we'll all be lonely tonight, and lonely tomorrow.

:D :D