Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

UPDATE - Faroese Telecom re routed Shetland Telecom traffic from Shetland on to DANICE (cable from Denmark to Iceland). Customers may notice an increase in ping times as all traffic is going from Shetland to Faroe, then to Iceland then Denmark and finally to London. Normal service will be resumed at 4am.

EDIT - this only applies to community broadband customers in Vidlin, Fetlar and West Burrafirth. If you are having problems with ADSL then you need to contact your ISP.

interesting.

This would affect everyone else too then?

EDIT net not off... but still crap

I have no idea what's wrong with ADSL in Shetland at the moment. I can ask BT tomorrow.

Thank you Marvin.

I thought all Shetland traffic went via the SHEFA2 cable instead of via microwave link. With the cable cut as you say and the diversion, I thought it explained the problems we're having. I guess not :)

^ It went back to normal around 2.00am (whizzed back up to 6.25) and dropped again this evening.

I logged a call last night (see previous post) and I haven't had a text update yet so call must still be outstanding. If they don't text tomorrow, I'll phone again if it's no better.

Um, forgot to say I'm on PlusNet as well...

OK... hmmm

at the moment it's good, 1.43am

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2856019218.png

Guess when it gets bad again I'll have to get in touch with Plusnet. Last time they wanted me to check with BT there was no problem with the line, so I rang India and they said there was no problem. Then Plusnet said I had an open fault with BT - which although there was no fault, was caused by actually ringing BT to ask them to check! Grr.

@DizzyKipper & Hector's House

I phoned BT Business helpdesk again this evening. They passing to their Manager the information re SHEFA2 going down and I've enquired as to whether or not we are being re-routed via the microlink again - my own POV is that we are cos it always used to go okay again around 2.00am. Anyhooos, a Manager should be calling me back during the day. I'll keep you updated.