January gales

CrunchieSquirrel

No, not a single person in Shetland has been affected by these gales in any way

Oh well, it was a little silly for me start the topic then. I have only just had a big break from Shetlink because well, I was a little left out as some topics were either one-sided or a complete mess.

Yet anyway, the only thing that has affected me in the gales is that the bird table in my garden blew over (luckily no bird was stuck underneath).

Oh well, it was a little silly for me start the topic then. I have only just had a big break from Shetlink because well, I was a little left out as some topics were either one-sided or a complete mess.

Yet anyway, the only thing that has affected me in the gales is that the bird table in my garden blew over (luckily no bird was stuck underneath).

Keep posting Crunchie as Shetlink needs more folk to get involved and don't be put off with the folk who sit behind their keyboards waiting to pounce on any topic. :-)

Getting a bit wearing having day after day of gales but apart from the wind keeping me awake when it gets above gale force my only problem so far is that my resolution to do more walking as part of my weight loss has sort of ground to a halt.  Still working on the diet though.

But I guess compared to the people cut off by floods in Somerset we have not had too much to cope with.

Just be thankful its only been wind and rain, not wind and snow, for this length of time. Its winter, its Shetland, we can expect at least one extended spell of one type of weather most winters, remember last February or March when it was dry and little to no wind for most of a month - this is payback, everything evens out equally in the end.

Keep posting Crunchie as Shetlink needs more folk to get involved and don't be put off with the folk who sit behind their keyboards waiting to pounce on any topic. :-)

Thanks!