Local radio

admin

Must be a Shetland thing, in nearly 4 years of presenting a radio show here, I have never heard any comments about my accent or anyone elses.

I also play Shetland bands, and no comment that is negative about them either.

(still waiting on my dram from Poison Popcorn hehe)

I am aslo happy to present other Shetland artists as well. Not just corn based products.

Edited by shetlandpeat

Ian won an award last year:

"SIBC’s Ian Anderson honoured

Thursday, 04 July 2013

THE VOICE of local commercial radio station SIBC, Ian Anderson, has been honoured as one of 40 radio pioneers across the UK who have made a “significant contribution to the growth and success†of commercial radio.

As the industry marks its 40th anniversary this week, Anderson has been to London to participate in the celebrations."

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/7040-sibcs-ian-anderson-honoured

Ian works tirelessly to bring us the news and keep the music going 24/7, even through severe bouts of flu; getting up very early and walking /cycling to the station in all weathers, and I thank him sincerely; my day is just not complete without hearing the SIBC news.

I'm starting to feel that SIBC is becoming a little outdated somedays because of all that sound effects and background music and all sorts. I think they should have a right clear out and make the radio station more appealling to young listeners and hearing the same songs repeat over and over and over again really do my head in. Especially Miley Cyrus and James Blunt.

The previous incarnation of this thread from 2009 which was plainly for no good has been removed. Why? Due to it's unnecessary negative anonymous comments which do nothing to engender sensible or worthwhile debate. The posts since this thread has been revived are left intact for clarities sake.

Well done! The negativity perpetuated prior  :huh: It truly was a great show of the dark pustule filled side of the Interweb brought to light.

So ... to topic - there is a choice of local radio stations. This is a great thing!