Food horror stories

Njugle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got a takeaway from a chinese in aberdeen which id eaten from a few times before. It was the first time i'd had king prawns from there and to my delight the prawns still had their little poo sacks/tubes. They served me me sh*t - literally. Needless to say i haven't been back!!

I had my first McDonalds last week. At the end of a heavy night on the booze theres nothing i like more than a good polystyrene box of munch! In that state you'll eat anything as long as its dripping in grease and fat. I managed the chips but i couldnt get past half way through the burger! Absolutely horrendous! Of the many aberdonian fast food places ive frequented it has to be the worst.

^^^ Similar happened to me in Glasgow nearly two years ago now...

I'd been out with a couple of my then-flatmates and some of their friends to Classic Grand's 'Children of the 80s' night. Following the evening, we decided it would be a good idea to go and get scoff from the neighbouring McDonald's, on the corner of Argyle St and Jamaica St. I was served by a young foreign fellow, who, while very polite, misunderstood my request for a cheeseburger and instead served me a chickenburger. By the time I noticed the mistake we'd emerged from the joint and I wasn't keen to go back in there and complain - after all, I'm sure I wouldn't have been the only one, and it was about 2am. So I ate it, then remembered why I gave up eating chickenburgers - I felt intensely nauseous after eating it and this lasted until I got back to my halls (although I managed not to spew). I'm pretty convinced this burger wasn't cooked, and as well as being combined with mayonnaise it didn't make for a winning combination.

Speaking of the art of devouring fast food - any of you guys read 'Fast Food Nation'? It's honestly one of the most terrifying non-fiction books you'll ever read. It's not your typical anti-McDonald's rant - Eric Schlosser has done his homework big time. Some of it is utterly gut wrenching.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

last week in a chip shop, lass waiting for chips, scrached her head, rubbed her nose, picked her belly button then shoveled chips on a tray for me!

if one part of her hand actualy touched the food i was ready to refuse it unless she washed her hands.

Do the kids at school not get Hygiene lessons or do they not have to have it before getting a job in a food place of work?

• 1 month later...

My mum did tell me that they used to get a big vat of free milk delivered to her school from the local dairy. All the kids got a big glass of milk with their lunch. It was the end of the lunch break when they found the dead rat in the bottom of the vat. Yuch.

i once got a pizza from a certain food place near the cross one night years back and when i went to eat i had a hard lump in it, took it out my mouth to find it was glass, i took it back and the wife tried to tell me it was plastic ( it was deffinatly glass i was the one that unfortunatly had to munch on it) even so glass or plastic it should not had been in it as i told her. few days later i found out from someone that worked there that a gass had fallen off a shelf and smashed all over the counter (and the grated cheese) and they never dumped the cheese and continued to use it on the tatties, pizzas etc

• 3 weeks later...

i got a chocolate chip and hair cookie in a box of family circle other day (half way through eating it i noticed it baked in) and phoned and complained so they asked me to send it to them, i did and they sent me £12 of vouchers to spend on brands in there company.

Has anyone ever found dried up maggots in da packs o pistachios fae a rather large supermarket we hiv here in Lerwick? I hiv found several in different packs ower da last few years. I complained once, sending dem sooth and got a letter back we a £5 voucher and a promise dat dir 'pest control team' wid look into it, but i hiv heard no more...it hasna actually stopped me buying dem though!

I think this is more of a food laughter story but it was when me and my family went to Aberdeen for lunch and we wanted to go to McDonalds, we put in the nearest McDonalds, after a few minutes we were tracking on the directions it was telling us until we ended up onto a construction site! Until we had to go to Burger King instead.