Any complaints about the changes in bus time tables?

windhoose85

What about the people with a positive view?

Personally, I think that the new timetables are pretty decent although (for those that finish work at 5:30pm), there is still no 6pm bus to Scalloway etc...

Only thing that has confused me is, why change the times on the Town Service?

On the whole the actual timetables seem to be well thought out and designed to get more bus travel for the money spent on it.  Well done all those involved with the work on the timetables.  It is a pity the roll out has been spoiled by lack of information.  Printed timetables as well as those on line ought to have been available a couple of weeks in advance and the new fares information is not yet available and the fares are meant to start on Monday.

Once again relatively minor things are letting Zettrans down.  Odd little glitches in the one printed timetable should have been discovered before they were sent to the printers or, as may be possible, if the printers have made errors then they should be reprinting at no cost to Shetland.  One classic is a shopper service that goes to the shops on Friday but comes back on Monday.  Long time for a bit of shopping.

Agreed @JustMe.

Pain in the neck to have to rotate the blooming PDF leaflet when looking online though to see the times ... and just where the hell is "Thistle Place"?  The layout isn't clear compared to the old online layout.

Tried the app thingy ... no Sumburgh to Lerwick option was available; had to choose the Lerwick to Sumburgh option.

Edited by Suffererof1crankymofo

Agreed @JustMe.

Pain in the neck to have to rotate the blooming PDF leaflet when looking online though to see the times ... and just where the hell is "Thistle Place"?  The layout isn't clear compared to the old online layout.

Tried the app thingy ... no Sumburgh to Lerwick option was available; had to choose the Lerwick to Sumburgh option.

Oh! Wait a minute

Sheesh, worn out by clicking the rotate button. I normally scan hard copies I order or pick up into a format that suits me, many from providers are there to be printed. It is easier to do this. Save as a PDF and store on Mobile phone or other device, works well and does not need a signal to view.

No doubt visiting tourists will totally agree with you, SP, as they whip out their portable printers ... that's if they have portable devices.  Guess it's too much to ask for a professional website with clear information displayed without the need to rotate the PDF; after all, surely it didn't cost a fortune to design, did it?

Might be a bigger plus to have checked place names too; there isn't a Thistle Place.

The trouble is, there will be plenty of folk to ask, I have never had to look at a bus time table when I am in Shetland, just ask folk.

The tourist office will supply info, there will be info at the ferry port and airport, many folk are not that bad when they want to look up the odd time, I am sure they will get the hang of it.

Thistle Court, Place, I am sure you will put them right, and with a positive disposition as well.

It is so so so bad.

Perhaps if there is a Yes, and nothing politically changes, you may be off... ;-)

I am puzzled by the "visiting tourists" though. Do some stay and be resident tourists...?

Edited by shetlandpeat

Sometime yesterday a big stick on timetable for the North Isles routes appeared at my bus stop in North Yell.  Now it does seem to me that if the timetable had included a start date they could have put the thing up sometime during the previous week without paying overtime rates but the good news is that I do not need to stand on my head to read parts of it.  Just hope it is accurate.

Dunno about timetables, but this combining school runs with service runs is getting some slagging off on Facebook tonight.

The bus passes for the kids seem to have significant "Admin" issues in a lot of cases, and not all rectified yet despite the schools going back in the morning. Could be "fun"......