Bressay Chain Ferry

JustMe

^ Strangely enough, the singularly oft complained about reason I've heard cited by ex-SIC staff for their leaving, was the endless amount of sprootle, bureaucracy and red tape handed down from aloft. That would be the front line staff of course, the few "managerial" types who lower themselves to converse with us plebs, usually elect to say next to nothing, but will admit, "I took early retirement" with a very, very broad smile.

Early retirement comes with some serious reductions. As you know, you cannot leave on a full pension early. As for your assumptions, I would say they are wrong, I know you have vast experience from your working in the council, it seems to have led you down a bias path. It generally is not the red tape but the T&Cs and wage cuts that have hammered moral. The fear of job losses too. Some have had real cuts to their wages of around 24%. This is due to EPR and pay rise reductions, add to that the change in T&Cs which affect the wage. It is a shame you do not bother to find out the facts yourself, attending and questioning is what someone like yourself should do, being armed with the knowledge and facts you have will put you in good stead, I look forward to Councillor Ghost and the graduate making an appearance.

Best get ure Honda 90 out of the shed. :twisted:

^ JHFC. You don't half trawl through folk's old posts from god knows how many years back, and make up some right pile of crap by putting your own unique twist on totally our of context and irrelevant snippets from them.

Meanwhile, WTF does any of that have to do with Bressa, or the alternative(s) to their ferry?

Edited by Ghostrider

Do they not get higher wages than every one else. Sadly, that has been the attitude on here that try to convince us that the staggeringly high wages are not in line with the private sector. It seems that council wages are less. Enough to encourage folk to leave.

However, cheap is best, so, go with the chain ferry. Not really the case.

Christ almighty.

If any Government ever comes up with a department dedicated to 'garblespeak', I think I've found a head of dept for them.

Step away from the vodka bottle, SP......  :thmbsup

No need to trawl through posts my dear, such comments are easily remembered, unlike others, I do not search out info like that. However, none were really used in the making of that post, just a little Shetland decendant humour.

As for vodka, no thanks. That will be the Russian in ya.

Now, what has it to do, well, tenuous probably, however, it is a thread on ferries. Of course, someone did mention ferries being cancelled due to the special weather...

Edited by shetlandpeat

It is not just the building costs, bridges have to be maintained as well.

The cost of the Bressay Ferry can be obtained if you ask, the bridge I have spoken about here, is a real possibility, the river is 100 meters wide, the bridge will be about 300, than add on the slips and access. The Bressay Sound bridge of course would be much longer but will not contain the 4 lanes we require. Some of the present crew would be required to man the toll booth say with a Bressay Bridge.