Carmichael ....lies

fionajohn

Oh! give it a rest Fiona ,we should be well used to this, politicians of all colours have the same affliction. That includes our very own Alec Salmond.

It's not all but mostly SNP  tartan fanatics that are fizzing about this man, mainly because their bid to crucify him failed.

Just leave it till next election time, I predict he wont be around, and Lib Dems will still get in up here. 

The irony with Carmichael is that the folk who believe he told a lie last time are doing so as a result of a "if you repeat the same lie often enough people will believe it" situation.

As brochbuilder says, it won't matter who the candidate is, the Liberals will hold O&S for the forseeable future, and if the Carmichael witch hunt achieved anything, it was probably to stengthen the Liberal support, as folk got to see the true colours of some of the alternatives. Skene was a fluke, as subsequent events have proven.

I would hope the people of Shetland come the next election will remember the political parties that supported the result of the national referendum  brexit  vote .

This should eliminate the SNP and Liberals from gaining a position in Shetland and Orkney for a while.

What is the point of voting if the democratic wishes of the country are ignored. 

Don't believe everything you read, thats how a journalist chose to describe the events, the appropriateness of their choice of terminology is debatable, and so by default also the accuracy of the report.

Three questions which would prove things one way or the other, but have neither been asked never mind answered as far as I'm aware.

1) Was Carmichael still a Government minister, or even an MP when the events occured, given that parliament had been dissolved.

2) Had Carmichael personally read all of the "Memo" in question, and was fully aware of its contents regarding Sturgeon and the French whatsit.

3) If yes to (2), did Carmichael understand that the "Memo" the Ch4 interviewer was referring to was the same "Memo" that contained the Sturgeon/French thingys allegations.

Answer "yes" to all three and he's a liar, no question. Answer "no" to one or more, and at this stage its a "not proven".

Yeah, he was chancing it with how he handled it, and probably with hindsight would have been wiser to play it all a different way, but nothing he said or did was anything other than situation normal for any politician.

Edited by Ghostrider

The irony with Carmichael is that the folk who believe he told a lie last time are doing so as a result of a "if you repeat the same lie often enough people will believe it" situation.

Have another +100 troll points for your collection! Well played! :roll:

Attack the person not the point of view, much.

Can I recommend you Google the definition of "troll", for it doesn't mean "I disagree opinion you're expressing, so you must be wrong".

Sure, here you go:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement."

As you well know there is an entire thread on Carmichael lying; yet you choose to make an inflammatory comment about it in this one and subsequently derail it.

Sure, here you go:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement."

As you well know there is an entire thread on Carmichael lying; yet you choose to make an inflammatory comment about it in this one and subsequently derail it.

I refer you to the title of this thread;

Carmichael ....lies

Guess what, it seems this thread is about Carmichael (allegedly) lying too, it seems very plain to my understanding of English anyway. Unless you're going to try and tell me different?

And apparently posting disagreeing with the assertions of an OP is "inflammatory" - Well, there goes any form of debate and discussion then, as unless you're there to nod and agree with everything the first to speaks says, you're a troll.