General Election 2017

Well here we go again to the polling stations in a few weeks time.

I believe very much in democracy and free speech, that is why this election presents me with a big problem.

The SNP cannot or will not accept the results of the independence or the EU vote, wanting us to have another referendum on independence and to remain in the EU contrary to the UK national vote.

I do not want to see the UK split, and the country voted to leave the EU so BREXIT it is.

The Liberals want us also to defy the National vote and stay in the EU, defying democracy again.

Labour, well they cannot even agree amongst  themselves far less run the country.

The rest of the party’s do not appeal to me so my dilemma is whether to stay at home and not vote at all or vote for the Tory candidate who at least is respecting democracy although far from my ideal choice.

A tactical vote for liberal might just keep SNP out  but would be a vote very much against my principals.

Sadly it seems like the Conservatives might just get my vote.

Well here we go again to the polling stations in a few weeks time.

I believe very much in democracy and free speech, that is why this election presents me with a big problem.

The SNP cannot or will not accept the results of the independence or the EU vote, wanting us to have another referendum on independence and to remain in the EU contrary to the UK national vote.

I do not want to see the UK split, and the country voted to leave the EU so BREXIT it is.

The Liberals want us also to defy the National vote and stay in the EU, defying democracy again.

Labour, well they cannot even agree amongst  themselves far less run the country.

The rest of the party’s do not appeal to me so my dilemma is whether to stay at home and not vote at all or vote for the Tory candidate who at least is respecting democracy although far from my ideal choice.

A tactical vote for liberal might just keep SNP out  but would be a vote very much against my principals.

Sadly it seems like the Conservatives might just get my vote.

I have a long memory and, there is no way on earth that I would ever vote for a tory.. 

The SNP are a "one trick pony" and will stop at nothing to split the UK.

The Liberals are a "spent force" at the moment and, they have already declared that they want to increase the tax burden instead of tackling the underlying problems.

I don't like Corbyn but, despite all the "wailing" coming out of parliament, he is the elected leader of the labour party.

I don't want to waste my vote so, looks like labour will get it which, in itself, is a wasted vote up here..  Might as well stay at home..

As for Brexit, the UK as a whole voted "leave".  It would be a brave (or stupid) politician that tries to ignore that.  Theresa May campaigned against it and now she has to oversee the negotiations.  God help us....

Oh yes, democracy.

How many members of the House of Lords got their position democratically, as opposed to being born into it, or given their position by wee Queen Lizzie?

Very democratic.

Regal theocracy comes to mind.

As for Brexit, the UK as a whole voted "leave".  It would be a brave (or stupid) politician that tries to ignore that.  Theresa May campaigned against it and now she has to oversee the negotiations.  God help us....

The people of the UK were lied to about Brexit releasing funds for the and the possible side effects of leaving such as prices rising in the shops.......even beer going up.........was not properly explained to the voters.  I think there are good grounds for a second referendum with the voters being told the truth.

On the 9th of June probably the results of the democratic electoral vote,will not be to my liking but I will accept them and get on with life.

That is more than our SNP or liberals and for that matter probably many others will do. They will no doubt come up with all sorts of excuses should the decision of the electorate not go the way they want.

Would it not make more sense for our parliamentary elected members to agree to differ but all get together in an agreeable way behind closed doors in full cooperation with the ruling party of the day and contribute in a sensible constructive manner to produce a BREXIT deal that is more or less agreeable to us all.

Yes! that what they should do,but the SNP in particular will act like a lot of rowdy uncontrollable imbeciles whose objectives other than to create mayhem will put more and more obstacles in the way of getting on with the BREXIT plans .

Must be better to work together even if you disagree and have some influence on the outcome than stand and be totally defiant.

SNP are not the only offenders of course but i would say the worst.

What is the point of voting if the final result cannot be accepted.

Would it not make more sense for our parliamentary elected members to agree to differ but all get together in an agreeable way behind closed doors in full cooperation with the ruling party of the day and contribute in a sensible constructive manner to produce a BREXIT deal that is more or less agreeable to us all.

How democratic that would be. Behind closed doors so that nobody can hear what you're getting up to, or realise how much you're stealing off the back of the common man.

How democratic that would be. Behind closed doors so that nobody can hear what you're getting up to, or realise how much you're stealing off the back of the common man.

So how else could you do it? If I'm playing a game of cards do i show my opponents what is in my hand.

If you are trying to do a deal would you tell everyone what  would be an acceptable offer before the dealing starts!

Edited by Urabug

So how else could you do it? If I'm playing a game of cards do i show my opponents what is in my hand.

If you are trying to do a deal would you tell everyone what  would be an acceptable offer before the dealing starts!

I would like it to be done up front, in the eyes of the common man. After all, if it is done behind closed doors then it can be seen as not trustworthy. How do you spell "Democracy", I can't seem to remember?

thats what we have its called parliament

parties in opposition are supposed to be providing constructive criticism but have long since taken their role too literally and interpret it as being there to oppose anything and everything the ruling party tries to do regardless good bad or indifferent.

thats what we have its called parliament

parties in opposition are supposed to be providing constructive criticism but have long since taken their role too literally and interpret it as being there to oppose anything and everything the ruling party tries to do regardless good bad or indifferent.

Yes you are correct, but the way I see it Government has to be run like a businesses, it has to be able to meet its costs or go bust.

Every good business to a greater or lesser extent is run secretly with only a select number of staff aware of what is really going on .This is necessary to avoid other companies stealing your ideas ect.

Even in democracy a level of secrecy has to be maintained.

The same applies to government,all the different parties are not divulging  exactly what there plans are.

What i'm saying the Prime Minister should get all the parties together in secret and each sworn to additional secrecy (no running to the press with tittle tattle) and trash out a deal for BREXIT.

This deal should then be presented to the EU in a take it or leave it,because we will never agree with all 26 countries,and they will never agree with us.

See no point in entering into lengthy discussions with the EU .Let us agree a deal among ourselves first and present  it to them.

Only if all our politicians agree to work together in a sensible fashion,and not like a lot of spoilt bairns can we ever get a decent BREXIT deaL.

This would then involve all parties and would surely provide a better arrangement for all.

This in reality of course is a dream and parties like the SNP will never work with the Tories to try agree on anything.