Best pub in Lerwick?

rebel21

Best place to go for a pint in Lerwick?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Best place to go for a pint in Lerwick?

• Marlex
    • Flints
    • Legion
    • Da Noost
    • Lounge
    • Baroc
    • Thule
    • Mooney's Wake
    • Other

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've voted for the Marlex but...

I find the Marlex is the closest thing that feels like a mainland pub in the town, however, more could be done to encourage a better atmosphere. The Tuesday night folk thing is just nothing like the lounge. There is potential to have some good midweek nights in there, but it doesn't seem to happen

The marlex has the best big screen TV's for the football though.

• 3 months later...

Just spent a week in Lerwick, and strangely my hubby and I never saw any pubs other than something called "The Lounge" on Mounthooly Street. We didn't go inside as it did not look very inviting and we saw a few questionable looking characters entering about the time we were passing by. We did wonder why there weren't more pubs/bars in Lerwick? Judging from this thread there were many of them, but somehow we didn't see them. Not sure how that is even possible as Lerwick isn't exactly huge. Strange..... :?:

Guest Anonymous
I find the Marlex is the closest thing that feels like a mainland pub in the town, however, more could be done to encourage a better atmosphere. The Tuesday night folk thing is just nothing like the lounge. There is potential to have some good midweek nights in there, but it doesn't seem to happen

I thought tuesday was gay night in the marlex, but havent been in on a tues for many years so it may no longer be

• 11 months later...
Bring on the day, if ever, when we have a Wetherspoons pub in the islands.

They can be very hit or miss, the only constant theme is that they tend to serve a good range of well-kept beers. The food in some is atrocious and the craic is somewhat lacking in most. Very much a 'corporate' feel - no matter how you wrap it up.

They can be soul less places.