The Guernsey Football Manager Is A Moron

wally jumblat

I don't know what we are supposed to have done but I remember being in the 1995 games in Gibralter where the Isle of White table-tennis team had a guy called Carl Prean playing for them. A few years before that Carl was Englands number 1, and I think he was still pro at the time.

We ended up coming 9th out of 11 which was a good result overall and were proud of our achievement. Guess who won the mens singles? And he deserved to coz he was the best.

This donkey shagger seems to be accusing us of cheating because we were better than them.

I would suggest to him that Guernsey should be proud of coming 2nd rather than seeing themselves as losers by not winning the final.

You are not losers.

Well not at football anyway :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Is Guernsey has a follow up on the story today. Entitled "Ogier backs down over Shetland ringers claim", you can see it here:

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/code/showsportarticle.pl?ArticleID=015493

I see yun!

Still has "If the facts are wrong, the facts are wrong and I suppose they were just rumours.

‘If they are well off the mark, then I apologise to the people of Shetland."

If I had balls then I'd be a woman, or maybe I am....off to look!

This guy has a serious chip on. Come on Ogier say "I was wrong, I am wrong, I spoke rubbish etcetera" not this wooly crepe, oh and get the Guensey Association to do likewise as you presumably speak for them.

I tend to agree with Junior. The only difference between Steve and the rest of us, is we talk shiite amongst ourselves, not to a journalist! :lol:

Credit where credit is due.

No early sign of Rhodes decision

Football

by Rob Batiste

STEVE OGIER does not expect a quick resolution to the ‘will we, won’t we go to Rhodes?’ question.

On the day he announced his island under-21 squad for this weekend’s Malaya Cup clash and the Ambassadeur Bowl game against Jersey early next month, the island manager said no final decision was imminent.

‘It’s gone quiet behind the scenes. ‘People are working to make the package more attractive, but whether they achieve that we don’t know.

‘I hope they achieve that,’ said Ogier, who remains optimistic that despite a number of top players ruling themselves out, Guernsey will still send a team to Rhodes.

Ogier, though, says the two-week deadline to unearth a squad worthy of representing the island in Greece next summer, was not realistic.

‘What we are waiting for is the GFA to come to us with their full package.’

Meanwhile, the island boss is keen to mend bridges with Shetlanders angry at his intimations that ‘ringers’ were used to win the gold medal in 2005.

‘Anybody who knows me will know I’m not a poor loser.

‘They [shetland] were the better side by far,’ he said of the final in which the host island beat his Guernsey side for the gold medal.

Ogier regrets that his words in response to a question about Shetland possibly not defending their title in Rhodes had caused offence in the Scottish isle.

His quote – ‘that side they had mainly came from mainland Scot-land’ – was not intended to suggest Shetland were fielding ineligible players, but merely a response to rumours at the time that many of them lived and worked outside the island.

He concedes that it was inaccurate information.

‘The ineligibility bit has got to them. I never suggested they were ineligible. ‘They were the better side by far. Because they were so good, the rumours were believable.’

Published 3/10/2006

Teenie3, I don't actually expect them to answer because most them probably did a 'Duncan Bray', i.e. play for Guernsey just in the Island Games, like Yns Mon used to do and nobody ever complained.

Shetland FC 2005 Island Games Champions

Glory Glory End of Story.