Dog fouling

peeriebryan

Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

Guest Anonymous

if everyone caught not picking up their dog poop was fined £100 instead of being put on a course as the sic seem to be going ahead with, then the fines would pay for free poop bags with plenty more in the kitty for cleaning up after those that were not caught.

As a dog owner I think the dog licence should be brought back and all dogs chipped and recorded officially, at the owners expense. That way idiots and dogs could be kept apart and persistent foulers would get caught and their dog licence revoked. it would make the pavements and play parks much cleaner and healthier places for everyone.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disgusted to see the amount of dog poo in Mossbank and surrounding areas.saw a woman near the old school centre with two jack russells letting them crap on the grass and pavement.she watched them do it and then just went off not in the slightest bit bothered.i pointed at it and mouthed" pick it up!" she put her nose up in the air and went.i couldnt do anything more as i was in a car going in opposite direction.clean up after your dogs or put a cork up their bum

[***Mod edit - threads merged***]

Guest posiedon

Christ! Another thread about dogturd,

WE responsible dog owners pick it up,

I've always picked it up even before it was the law.

The irresponsible people will not pick it up until they've been fined a few times.

Find out who she is (not difficult in Shetland) And report her, job done.

Before accusing folk, generally the law applies to 20/30/40 mph roads. So it is ok on a road above those limits, here anyway. I would guess elsewhere too.

as the OP stated it was ..

on the grass and pavement.

So, I figure, your 'law' would not apply.. ?

Aye I know who that is. She walks along that road most days raving and shouting at her dogs. To be honest they usually win the argument.

the bit the poster is talking about is a pavement and then the grass running between the pavement and the old school center. She has also been seen letting her dogs do it at the bus stop before.

Before accusing folk, generally the law applies to 20/30/40 mph roads. So it is ok on a road above those limits, here anyway. I would guess elsewhere too.

I don't think the original poster mentioned roads?

:roll:

OK you try and find two independent witnesses and a copper who is interested.

What did the Council say when you reported it, I would guess they would monitor the area. Not really a Police matter. Here, the council will put up signs to indicate to folk that complaints have been made and the area is being monitored. As you seem to know the person, are you mikeyboy not now duty bound to report them, I think you are. You have the solution already.