Shetland fitba' results

Marooned in Maywick

Congrads to Yell.

I hear Burra only just scraped 11 men. And i heard a pre-match rumour that if they lost last night, they would fold from the league. Anyone else heard more on this?

Burra had 13 players apparently. As far as I know the club held an EGM to discuss the possibility of folding but decided to carry on. I don't think there are any Burra players/fans on these boards to confirm or deny that though? Still a long season ahead.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unst had a good first half but some poor defending in the second cost them at least 1 point! Neil laurenson bagged a second haff hattrick which lead unst to believe that a comeback was on.

anyone know what the Yell Burra score was, thoughts were that it was gonna be a close game?

deserved victory for the jags, could really have been more but kept letting unst back in with some shocking defending

Congrads to Yell.

I hear Burra only just scraped 11 men. And i heard a pre-match rumour that if they lost last night, they would fold from the league. Anyone else heard more on this?

Burra had 13 players apparently. As far as I know the club held an EGM to discuss the possibility of folding but decided to carry on. I don't think there are any Burra players/fans on these boards to confirm or deny that though? Still a long season ahead.

yeah burra did have 13 players up in yell, dont think they are folding as they were speaking about their next game against unst tonight i think

Unst had a good first half but some poor defending in the second cost them at least 1 point! Neil laurenson bagged a second haff hattrick which lead unst to believe that a comeback was on.

anyone know what the Yell Burra score was, thoughts were that it was gonna be a close game?

deserved victory for the jags, could really have been more but kept letting unst back in with some shocking defending

wow did thistle really have the worst of the defending, i think not. Unst scored some good goals. However the thistle goals were mostly errors on the defensive front. So Commy either you didn't attend the game or you are blind or very bias. Oh but the unst sunshine probably got in your eyes.

wow did thistle really have the worst of the defending, i think not. Unst scored some good goals. However the thistle goals were mostly errors on the defensive front. So Commy either you didn't attend the game or you are blind or very bias. Oh but the unst sunshine probably got in your eyes.

for neil laurensons hat-trick he was just left on his own and not marked at all, other than the 5 unst scored the only other close shot was darren thomsons 25 yard shot that went wide.

thistle hit the post at least twice and had constant chances in the second half. defending would have been a lot better had we not been missing our full backs michael johnson and david mann.

I think neither team can be over the moon with their performance. Thistle deserved the win overall and will be happier as they got all three points without a few first choice players. But Unst's performance was poor by their own standards considering the team they had on the pitch. Unst were also missing a few of their most influencial players which was clearly a major problem for them. Unst's lack of cohesion and organisation was obvious for much of the game which they rectified slighlty against Burra on Monday. I expect Unst to "get it right" sooner rather than later, and if so, a very medioca side which thistle had out might not get all three points in Unst.

AS far as the goals go, Unst certainly scored the better and Neil Laurensons hatrick was great.

You say the Thistle defending was bad...

Unst's second half goals were of the highest quality. And The majority of Thsitle's were.. preventable to say the least. Slightly more solid defending and a shock result could well have been on the cards.

Although in fairness, Unst were VERY lucky to be in at half-time 2 ahead.

Would an unst win really have been a big surprise??

I mean when unst are at the fortress of the baltasoond pitch any team would find it hard to cope with the noise of the unst support on a fine day!!

"probably the best support in the league"

I presume unst's island neighbours will appear in numbers to support there island brothers in the crunch mid yell semi. However i won't hold my breath, it'll likely just be a management scouting holiday for the saunders family.

"STAND FREE"