Shetland fitba' results

Marooned in Maywick

To be fair catnmoose its a competitive game of football and its hard to tell people not to score goals when they get the chance, its the hard facts of this years league that there is a big gulf between the teams at the bottom and the top. No team when they get the chance will stop at 4-0 they keep going until they know the other team are beyond recovery.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unst were reasonably happy with only losing 4-0 to Whalsay away. They don't have their strongest team out due to injury etc but neither did Whalsay. Unst competed well and were 1-0 down at half time when it could easily have been 1-1. In the end they were probably lucky not to concede a couple more.

As for scoring 16 against these weaker teams.....these clubs are already discussing what will happen next year and the current scenario is not an option whether sections of the SFA think so or not.

Unst has a major problem that half the team is playing U18's and/or U16's and the fixture congestion is already causing injuries etc. This WAS pointed out to the SFA but some seem to think playing four games a week is OK. OBVIOUSLY NOT.

Who wants to win by 16 goals. Maybe thats how you improve?

To be fair catnmoose its a competitive game of football and its hard to tell people not to score goals when they get the chance, its the hard facts of this years league that there is a big gulf between the teams at the bottom and the top. No team when they get the chance will stop at 4-0 they keep going until they know the other team are beyond recovery.

While that is true, three points crop up from that game.

The point of no return was probably 2-0. Taking your foot off the gas is an option and finally to hear that Delting had subsitutes that remain on the touchline throughout is gobsmaking in the extreme. Surely taking off the Hay's, Jamieson's etc of that team and bringing on others may have helped?

I didn't know that they hadn't used their subs against Burra, but you would have found probably that any player worth his salt coming on as a sub would have been busting his guts to either get a goal or give a performance that would merit a start in the next game, as for telling people not to score it never works.

Nobody can disagree that 16-1 is way over the top. That is a blatant fact and i feel that the delting football association have alot to answer for as no doubt they wanted the likes of yell unst and burra to join the league. What better way to discourage players. Who wants to lose by that margin.

Surely delting and the like could use these games to bring in some youngsters (who were told they would get games, and ordered not to sign for other teams for the season) and rest some of their seniors like Stuart Hay and Leighton Flaws etc. Or teams should be allowed to make 5 subs. Common sense really should prevail here.

Unst v scalloway has been cancelled tanite due to a water logged yell pitch (what a surprise) and will hopefully be rearranged for wednesday :?: :?: :?:

I don't think you can really put too much blame on Delting for winning 16-1 - Any responsibility for such a scoreline lies firmly at the door of the SFA for implementing a simply ridiculous league restructure.

It seems almost everyone on here agrees that it was/is a dumb idea, it's just a shame it's going to take this season for those "in power" to realise.

I don't think you can really put too much blame on Delting for winning 16-1 - Any responsibility for such a scoreline lies firmly at the door of the SFA for implementing a simply ridiculous league restructure.

It seems almost everyone on here agrees that it was/is a dumb idea, it's just a shame it's going to take this season for those "in power" to realise.

What a load of kak!

Once more the vocal minority, who have probably never been at a committee meeting in their lives, rattle on about “poor old us, and those bigger boys are making us do something we can’t do.â€

The SFA are the member clubs, their own representatives (if they are arsed to turn up), not as many people on here would like to believe a large body of unconnected people who impose things on anyone. The clubs decide, by majority, what the structure of the Association, the leagues etc look like. Each club has a rep, there will be a number of office bearers, I’m not sure how many but I guess around 6, and they all have equal vote – one each.

Get over it and get on with it!

By the way, I recall a certain Delting side taking double figure hidings not all that long ago in the top league.

High scores are not new.

I seem to remember playing for Whitedale in the early 90's,beating Ness 16-0.

I seem to remember not enjoying the game much as it was such a missmatch.

Give me a close game anytime as it is much more enjoyable to play in.

If any clubs are not happy with the restructure it is crucial they make that known this year at the SFA meetings. Wheesht is right, it is at those meetings which the grumbling should be done and alternative proposals put forward. I would be very surprised if Unst, Yell and Burra want this set-up next year (if they survive this season) and Ness may want to reconsider if those teams drop out.

These teams have some talented players who want to play A-League football but getting beat 16-1 due to lack of stregnth in depth is not the way forward for smaller areas. Lets hear some proposals or suggestions on the SFA AGM forum and leave this one for scores and match reports.