Shetland teenager jailed

abraxas

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stephen leask was convicted of raping boys in Shetland in the 80s he resurfaced in Orkney in the ninetys, where he was arrested after being found with a pile of photos of young local boys in their pants after being in jail for a couple of months he next appeared in Aberdeen were he raped and killed a nine year old boy. Just recently he had his 23 year sentence reduced under human rights.

The police use them as grasses and are not that interested in the effect on the communitys that house these insects, best advice, slay them on sight and keep it to yourself.

As a mother of two this scares me.

It scares me even more now because the other day a teenage boy twice the age of my son lied to my son's youthclub worker and told her that I had sent him over to pick up my son early from youth club. The youthclub worker didn't know any better, but since this is a small village and everyone knows everyone else she let him go. If I hadn't been on my way to the youthclub and caught him I don't know what would have happened. My son hardly knows this boy since we're new to the area, what interest does a teenage boy have in a child half his age?

This really really scares me.

Khitajra,

If we - the Police, or other authorities - do not know, or are not informed by others about these people, the only time we become aware is when it is already too late, and someone has therefore suffered at their hands. I would ask you to report this incident, even if you do so anonymously and merely provide the youth's name, inn order that the circumstances may be checked into. There may be an enttirely reasonable explanation, however - especially in light of the thread subject - in my professional (and personal) opinion, this DOES need looking into.

Even the name of the village involved would be beneficial.

Your humble servant.

In response to my own earlier posting I would like to point out that my comment concerning police interest in these affairs was not meant as a reflection on any individual officer as I'm sure their personal view of them is the same as most peoples, but more a reflection on the systems lack of understanding on the need for violent sex offenders never to be allowed to interact with the public again.

Koyanisqaatsi,

My dear fellow, I must disagree with you regarding your post wherein you say that "Police use them as grasses".

In this day and age, I would be both suprised and shocked to find that such a thing was true anywhere within the U.K. It would certainly warrant an investigation into the Officer/s and the means by which they conduct their investigations and duties if they were to use such methods and persons to the dertriment of others, and children in particular.

Please rest assured that such a situation would NEVER - and I do mean never - arise in Shetland, let alone anywhere else within the Northern Constabulary force area.

As to sentencing, this is a common misapprehension. Once we submit our report to the relevant authorities, we have no further control over the matter, although it is to us that many members of the public look when they wish to air their annoyance/anger at what they perceive to be an inappropriate disposal. That is, sad to say, merely another part of the job.

Your humble servant.

what's to stop him, guy? The law? Nuh-uh. The people? I doubt it. His conscience? Look kids, it's a flying pig!!!

He'll be back in a coupla years and get a nice house provided for him, at our expense. And you and I - and his victims - won't know where he is livuing unless he is recognised. These guys should be poster boys, so's we all know who they are and where they are. I don't always agree with my southern cousins in the US, but I hav to wonder if Megans Law wouldnt help out over here. I heard on the news yesterday that parents are making their kids unhealthy by keeping them inside instead of playing in the outrdoors. Why? Cuz of deviants like this and the fear that your kid could be next.

Jesus H on a jetski!!! Is this what it has come to?!

And yep I pay my taxes, even tho I weren't born here. And I am a LEGAL immigrant before any smart aleck starts. Least, you won't prove otherwise! :wink:

I heard on the news yesterday that parents are making their kids unhealthy by keeping them inside instead of playing in the outrdoors. Why? Cuz of deviants like this and the fear that your kid could be next.

To be honest, I think it's more because parents are made to be over paranoid and reactionary by media-led hysteria.

As appalling as these incidents are, 'Stranger Danger' is not as common as the tabloids would have us believe. Sure, remain vigilant; look after your kids and protect them, but there comes a point at which this ridiculous attitude has to be nipped in the bud.

Children get knocked down by cars, poisoned by random chemicals, drowned in ponds, electrocuted and all manner of unpleasant things. Paedophiles and kidnappers are pretty low on the list of likely risks but, for some reason, everyone makes this issue number one priority. Everyone becomes a suspect and, frankly, children are getting a worse life because of this paranoia.

Fact remains that children are most likely to be abused by folks much closer to home. The random, trench-coat wearing guy in the park is almost a complete myth.

Hey guy, couldn't agree with you more. But this guy was close to home, wasn't he? And bet you he will be again once he's done his pitiful sentence. I don't heva kids myself (that I know of) but if I did, even in a small place like Shetland, this would kinda play on my mind. Call me impressionable, but...

Unfortunately this is neither the first or I suspect the last case of it's kind in Shetland.

In the case 7 years ago I swore that the pervert would never set foot on Shetland again!

But when I looked back in his history he'd been moved on twice before because of his record....Then on moving to Shetland he managed to integrate into the community without anyone knowing his past history..

He then carried on as a "normal" member of society for nearly 2 decades until he was stopped..

If he hadn't been ousted from his home town, where his history was known, he would have been watched, and everyone would have known to warn their children to stay away from him..

So I feel that until we can legally take these people out of the gene pool, its better to know where they are, so they don't have the anonymity to carry on their perverted ways..

I also think they should be tagged for the rest of their lives, so the relevant authorities know where they are 24/7

Unfortunately this is neither the first or I suspect the last case of it's kind in Shetland.

In the case 7 years ago I swore that the pervert would never set foot on Shetland again!

But when I looked back in his history he'd been moved on twice before because of his record....Then on moving to Shetland he managed to integrate into the community without anyone knowing his past history..

He then carried on as a "normal" member of society for nearly 2 decades until he was stopped..

If he hadn't been ousted from his home town, where his history was known, he would have been watched, and everyone would have known to warn their children to stay away from him..

So I feel that until we can legally take these people out of the gene pool, its better to know where they are, so they don't have the anonymity to carry on their perverted ways..

I also think they should be tagged for the rest of their lives, so the relevant authorities know where they are 24/7

couldnt agree more

i have a 2 year old daughter of my own and i know for a fact if some sick in the head person ruined her life id take his away, the shetland islands being close knit was my reasons for my question as surely he,d never be able to live thier without anybody knowing his crimes and him being sent to coventry or worse as a result.

a trip on a fishing boat with no return would be a good trip for this young man, its later in life that the victims of abuse suffer and if quality of life is all we really have i dont see why the punishments cant be more fitting rehabilitation of these people isnt an option in my opinion to even comit sexual offences in my book shouts a damaged mind

megans law is a must, it shows in prisons that thier segregated for thier own protection just how much they are scum of the earth they really dont deserve a life children are our future and should be protected at all costs