Shetlink Problems

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it seems to be something to do with the message.

1st bit:

Yeah, I see your point, bad wording on my part.

What I meant is that waste heat is insignificant in terms of global warming.

Preview works

2nd bit:

As far as renewables go, they do have no effect as they are basically taking energy that is already in the biosphere and just moving it around. Nuclear power on the other hand is releasing new energy into the environment, energy that has been locked up in atoms since the atoms were formed in the core of stars.

That works

3rd bit:

It doesn't like the third bit of my message, which is just another block of text, no links or images or anything

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Is there a problem with the Shetlink Server tonight? Normally I would blame the local network, but Shetlink is the only site I can find which is having about a 2 minute delay in loading.

Could that also be why people are double and triple posting? Thinking that something is wrong, using back button and trying again. :lol:

Not really a great problem, but there isn't a thread called "Shetlink Strange Phenomena", so ...

Just been over to the GW thread, and noticed (again) that the page renders overwide in my browser (FF). That is, on the current page (39), and on p37 ... but p38 in the middle renders normal width and doesn't require me to keep shuttling left and right. Anyone else getting this?

In another thread

Find out all about it here. You'll have to paste the url rather than click as Shetlink can't cope with the apostrophe.

"http://shetlopedia.com/Captain_Flint's"

I've noticed this from time to time that certain URLs,particularly Wikipedia, do not appear correctly when I paste them into Shetlink. for example the one above which contains an apostrophe. Is there a guide somewhere to altering them as in the second example?