2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

The Rovers way is the way forward in view of the population decline, we may as well face it.

:shock:

Digby, I wasn't sure I'd ever type these words, but I completely agree with you. I believe two Northern Rovers teams could be sustainable for the foreseeable future. I'm sure any concerns over who would manage could be battered out for the long-term benefit of football in the isles.

Digby raises some points which I thought would have been addressed long before things got to this stage. VictorandJack - If Unst are willing to merge with another side, and feel they will struggle for the early part of the season, why don't they make a proposal to Yell? As you say, it would be put to a vote.

One point Digby:

The other way is to enter the B league and the better player find A league homes.

I'm afraid this is also not allowed by the SFA anymore. In fact it was bringing in this rule that started Shetland football down the slope to where it is now.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digby do seems to have awfully strong feelings aboot this subject!

the best do could do is take a bigger part in unst football.do should be coming to any future meetings and voicing your own feelings to the unst team! or do could just go and help your 2nd team... yell of course

the best do can do is put your money where your mouth is and try to get your beloved N.Rovers.

this subject is getting a it old noo and i think we should be starting to discuss somthing lik.....hmm..... any transfers n theworld of shetland football and if there is any then what was the highest price...£10,000,000 perhaps!!!!!!

Digby,

I do admire your interest and I'm not sure what you call a personal attack?

An EGM is required only when a matter of immediate consideration is required. This proposal was made to the SFA by Burra not Unst. They will now make the proposal officially to the Unst FA for in depth consideration.

I, nor any Unst Rep at the SFA AGM, did not make the proposal although I was aware they may be proposing to ask for PERMISSION from the SFA. The SFA have granted permission after the discussion was held.

I repeat, it is now up to Unst FA and Burra FA to hold AGM's, EGM's ATM's Gmtv's or whatever they so well please.

If you are looking for my opinion, I am not sure yet.

Please do not keep writing on this forum as if everyone in Unst (apart from you) has agreed. By getting the facts wrong and insinuating wrong doing by persons involved you are misleading others.

You have also manipulated this to have some involvement with Yell FC. That is categorically untrue. They have no reason to be upset/disgruntled as they have not made any sounds about Northern Rovers and attended the ASGM saying they wanted to enter the A league again.

I won't take your comments as a personal attack although perhaps they are intended to be?

I heard a rumour that Yell FA held their AGM on friday.

Anything other than the norm discussed or proposed??

Was their a big turnout??

Looking at last seasons registered players they should have plenty for a squad in the A's. The younger players will be a year older and if Neil Petrie keeps playing they could improve on last year.

I heard a rumour that Yell FA held their AGM on friday.

Anything other than the norm discussed or proposed??

Was their a big turnout??

Looking at last seasons registered players they should have plenty for a squad in the A's. The younger players will be a year older and if Neil Petrie keeps playing they could improve on last year.

Wasn't at the AGM because I'm not home at the moment, I'll ask one of the boys to put up an "order of business" of you want? Winter training was organised, players of the year voted on and a short pre-season trip was discussed for next year.

No changes as regards to next season, but then again we - along with, it appears, everyone else in Shetland - were under the impression that Bunst was a done deal. We know we'll struggle next year, but will do what we can. (I find it slightly ludicrous that the SFA considers a league with regular 0-15+ results satisfactory, but that's what we're all stuck with.)

Why don't Unst make an "acceptable" Northern Rovers proposal to Yell? I'm under the impression that there's certainly more hostility to the idea on your end rather than ours. A and B sides from the North Isles make the most sense to encourage football in the long run, and (very, very) slowly it seems people are beginning to accept it.

I find it slightly ludicrous that the SFA considers a league with regular 0-15+ results satisfactory,

By christ UEFA are happy with Liverpool 8, Besiktas 0 in the champions league. There are "wir no winnin, wir no good enough, wir no playin" splits in all leagues and competitions.

Get on wi it.

Spot on spency7. Some Unst guys on here pretty much trying to deny they have already agreed to merge with Burra. If it wasn't a done deal and was only a proposal, why choose Unst? Why not a team closer? Unst have grasped the chance for a struggling club to help them out.

I find it slightly ludicrous that the SFA considers a league with regular 0-15+ results satisfactory,

By christ UEFA are happy with Liverpool 8, Besiktas 0 in the champions league. There are "wir no winnin, wir no good enough, wir no playin" splits in all leagues and competitions.

Get on wi it.

Hardly comparable. A Liverpool team playing to the best of their ability against aan underperforming Besiktas, is no where near the same as Delting strolling to a 15-0 win against a team playing their hearts out.

15-0 is like an under 13's game.

Anyway, looks like my Parish League has died a death. If Yell can find a way to strengthen their squad [possibly disillusioned Uburnstra players :lol: ], it will be hard to predict who will be placed 2-10 next season.

By christ UEFA are happy with Liverpool 8, Besiktas 0 in the champions league.

Are they? Did they release a statement especially? I think that the only happy people are Liverpool and their fans.

I don't hear anyone from UEFA complaining, nor Besiktas for that matter.

So UEFA aren't happy or unhappy. Who cares. The whole Liverpool 8 Besiktas 0 has no relevance whatsoever to Shetland Fitba.

Of course it does.

My point, and I suggest you know fine well, is that Besiktas are hardly going to complain that Liverpool are to good for them and ask to be allowed to play in the UEFA cup insteed because "we canna compete, da bigger boys are scoring to many" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

As I say get on with it, if you want to play, play. Ness United, Celtic, Scalloway and even Delting have taken the same heavy defeats on the road to where they al ar now. Swings and roundabouts.

Ok, when you compare it to those teams, it may have some relevance.

But let me remind you why you brought it up in the first place...

Get on wi it.

Hardly comparable. A Liverpool team playing to the best of their ability against an underperforming Besiktas, is no where near the same as Delting strolling to a 15-0 win against a team playing their hearts out.

15-0 is like an under 13's game.

The point is you compared Besiktas to Burra. Besiktas were not forced to play in the Champions league. That's why it was a poor point you made(initially).

But as I already said, the future is looking brighter for next season. I would suggest Yell are the weakest team on paper [better prepare myself for the wrath of spencey7], but at least every Premier League team seems happy to be there for 2008.